Test: FLVSplitter special build for HTTP Streams (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Should this work with BBC Iplayer files? I have tried it and I still don't get the ability to timeshift.

I will try with other sites and report back.

Robbo100

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i did some quick tests and i could skip forwards and backwards, plus time is shown.

so great work !!!

engma27

Portal Member
    September 4, 2009
    when playing FLV files through online videos plugin some ( when i say some not all FLV streams ) the audio plays fine but video is stop / start and freezes. for instance apple trailers playing flv seem to work but yahoo music videos which also stream FLV stutters and freezes on video.

could this be because i have set FLV to lib in FFDshow video properties and its applying the same resize as avi / xvid files?

FYI all videos and FLV stream played fine in Saf 4.00.

I thought the latest SAF 5.00 had this included so must be related to this flv splitter file.

grrr posts keeps disapearing....

anyways test saf 5.0 and this file and it seems youtube and tahoo videos which use flv4 files dont work properly. youtube plays sound but picture doesnt work.. for yahoo videos sound plays but video jumps freezes and jerks...

apple trailers using flv option to watch a trailer works fine.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi offbyone,

I use you filter, and when seek is very slow and sometime crash. I think it comes from filter, i have try outside of MP and the same lol.

Do you think it's possible to dev again on it ?
    I have try in Internet Explorer or Firefox :) and when we seek, it's immediatly, but it's the adobe Flash Player Plugin.

I don't know if it's possible but maybe :)

Again Thx :)

Do you supply your patch to MPC team ?
    And also can you post it ?
    Cheers,
    Seb.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't have enough knowledge (and time to aquire it) to make all the changes needed for a fully working stable splitter that allows seeking. The purpose for this build was only to get a version which shows a clip's total length and playback position (and thus allows seeking backwards to the beginning.)

I haven't posted a patch to the MPC team yet - actually I don't even know where to do post it.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I don't have enough knowledge (and time to aquire it) to make all the changes needed for a fully working stable splitter that allows seeking. The purpose for this build was only to get a version which shows a clip's total length and playback position (and thus allows seeking backwards to the beginning.)

I haven't posted a patch to the MPC team yet - actually I don't even know where to do post it.

{9} Active tickets by last modified date ? Media Player Classic - Home Cinema :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Can you PM me your patch ?
    Thx :)
    Seb.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I attached the patch for the mpc-hc (trunk\src\filters\parser\FLVSplitter\) in the first post.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I vote on adding it to the OnlineVideos MPEI.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have added the filter to the MPEI installer (0.22).

It's still not a perfect solution, as sometimes MediaPortal freezes when seeking, but at least it shows the duration of the clip. If anyone is looking for a better filter, PowerDVD10 includes a splitter for FLV and does a much better job. So if you have PDVD10 installed, use their filter instead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom