Test: FLVSplitter special build for HTTP Streams (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I have added the filter to the MPEI installer (0.22).

It's still not a perfect solution, as sometimes MediaPortal freezes when seeking, but at least it shows the duration of the clip. If anyone is looking for a better filter, PowerDVD10 includes a splitter for FLV and does a much better job. So if you have PDVD10 installed, use their filter instead.

Hi.
What is the filename of this splitter?

EDIT:
Have it now.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Test: FLVSplitter special build for HTTP Streams

does anybody know how to produce such http flv streams on the fly from local content?

dorijan

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I can confirm that flv splitter from PowerDVD works better than this one, but it is still not perfect. You can ff or rewind without halt, but if you jump to unbuffered time, it halts, and you have to rerun the video

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When jumping to unbuffered time, it doesn't halt, it just waits until that piece is downloaded. Don't know if this is also true for the version of offbyone, but it is for the version packed with saf100730b.

eze1981

August 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    Hello,
    i'm testing the offbyone FLVSplitter and i have a problem with it.

I can play a streamed flv video, but if i press the Stop button the player hangs and i must kill the player process.

¿Somebody has the same problem?

Config:
    ffdshow revision 3476 - FLV1 libavcodec
    Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5268
    video for testing: http://jpandmeghan.com/slideshow/streamer.php/jp-and-meghan-slideshow-fullscreen.flv

Thanks

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country
    FLV Splitter now broken--please help

I registered this splitter hoping for transport control when playing online videos. Instead, FLV files stopped playing entirely while streaming; they must be completely downloaded in order to play. What is worse is that I unregistered this splitter and re-registered my original splitter (from the K-Lite Codec pack) but my ability to play FLV files while streaming was not restored. I know that I was able to do this yesterday; how did I break it?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Messing around with codec packs will often cause strange behaviour.

Even though I am no fan of codec packs, I actually gave SAF5 a go (due to a combination of laziness and curiosity), and so far I am rather pleased with the result - also streaming from Online Vids.

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country
    I managed to recover from this by restoring from backup. Sadly, the SAF does not work for me, because I am doing some strange things involving streaming of live TV FLVs.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi offbyone,

regarding the "jumping in front of the buffered time", is it possible to detect when the user wants to jump to a part of the video that isn't yet buffered and prevent that? Or even better is there a way to start buffering from the position to which the user jumped (like the youtube player does for example)?

I fear that if this was possible you would have already implemented that but I thought I'd ask anyways... ;)

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom