Test Version for BBC iPlayer (1 Viewer)

lstraath

Portal Member
January 3, 2010
Waalwijk
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey OffByOne you posted that you cannot test, i think you mean you cannot connect from germany. I have problems with sites in the UK and US also because some site have country restrictions. However try free VPN tunnels like Hotspot shield to make that site think you are in that country. At least this way you can test.

regards,

Leon.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just updated the file in the first post of this thread. Pls re-download and install this one. I think I got it partially working.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Tried many streams and they've all worked perfectly.

I know this is still WIP, but here is one thing I noticed and wondering if others get the same, the volume is extremely loud. I've got the volume set to 1 'blip' above muted and even at this level I can hear sound distortion in the stream as the audio is so loud.

1 more thing (sorry!) the iPlayer site is also navigable by Channel (BBC 1, 2, 3, 4, HD, CBBC etc.), is this just another xml that needs adding to the OnlineVideos config?

EDIT: In answer to my own question above I found this BBC site. If you click 'All Feeds' you can build your own to suit your needs (very nice!). You can then plug this in to OnlineVideos and voila!

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I noticed that you can either browse by channel or by category (which will then contain clips from all channels). I used the categories as it fits better in OnlineVideos, but as you noticed you can also add feeds yourself that can be found on that BBC iPlayer - RSS Feeds page.

Not sure about the Volume, it wasn't louder than the other ones on my system. Maybe some codec setting?

I'll get into the quality setting next, now that it works after all. But might take some time to get them all working there are like 10 different streams for one video. The current should be already in the upper range, not HD though.

Thx for testing.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    :D
    offbyone - Many thanks for adding BBC iPlayer to this plugin, it's a real addition for us UK users.
    :D

I have tested a few programs this morning and all have started streaming OK, however they have stopped after some minutes of playing (e.g 5mins or 7mins). I have attached my MediaPortal.log which has details of this occurance twice.

I also tried adding addition channel based rss feeds e.g. http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bbc_one/list but got an error when selecting this in the GUI. On looking into this it seems that only the URI of the last feed added in the config app was persisted to OnlineVideoSites.xml (also attached). I added the URI's manually and all was OK.

This was just a 30min test this morning, I will be more thorough this evening and tomorrow and post more results.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• OnlineVideoSites.xml
      30.6 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Thanks for doing this, been waiting for an IPlayer plugin for MP.

Tested on Win7 x64 MP1.1beta using saf400beta23test4 and all works fine, the quality being the only issue..is it worse than than directly from the IPlayer site, not sure if it is my setup or the lowest bandwidth stream is chosen - will you be adding quality settings?

Thx again, great to see this.

:oops: Just seen your previous post...will wait for the quality settings.

Sk3wby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2008
    as above, same setup and works great. Look forward to being able to chose higher quality.

Thanks for your effort - this is great!

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wahoo,

I can't wait to try this tonight!

Nice one!

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm trying to get this to work trough a proxy (slow connection tho), it works when i reach it trough IE or firefox, but when i try it trough the onlinevideo plugin i get the message "error getting url",could the proxy just be too slow making onlinevideos time out, or is it somehow bypassing the proxy setings ...

Thx for any help....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom