Test Version for BBC iPlayer (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I know that not beeing able to skip is really bad, but it would require extending the flv splitter direct show filter to be able to handle rtmp streams. this is C++ and really tough coding. Nothing I can do in my free time sry.
    I am thinking about workarounds, but haven't come up with something useful yet.

I know absolutely nothing about how to program what you have programmed for the Iplayer, let alone C++.

But thinking of work arounds, is there any command when you start the streaming that allows you to command starting at a set time into the stream? Rather than using a pure fast forward command.

Rob

Also, this link to another forum seems to have a splitter which allows fast forwarding - as I say, I know nothing about it, so I have no idea if this is of any help - please tell me to shut up if I am not helping :)

jchiver

Portal Member
    February 27, 2007
    just tested it in 1.1beta and works a treat. nice one i will have a play with it. i think it may have been mentioned but a fast forward and rewind would be excellent.

good job look forward to using it

ARH

Portal Member
    October 27, 2006
    I testet it for a couple of hours yesterday in the latest beta and svn. it worked perfectly. I did notice some programs were better quality than others, if that is any help.

good work.:D

Poko

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for doing this! Works fine for me and quality is decent.

Is there any way to search for shows? The search is greyed out for me..

Has anyone tried the iplayer for the Wii? I installed it today and the interface is very nice indeed. Wonder how they did it?

Great start on iplayer integration though.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Thanks for adding iPlayer support to this great plugin, I'll give it some testing and let you know how it goes :)

J.

ps - When's ITV Catchup and 4OD coming along? ;-)

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    Firstly ... :D for adding iPlayer support, it is truly amazing! I have it working on the latest MP 1.1 SVN :)

I just have one comment that Mortstar also meantioned (see quote below), the iPlayer videos are WAY WAY louder than any of the other video feeds (It made me jump out of my skin!). I am using the SAF filter pack, not sure why only iPlayer is so loud, did anyone resolve it?

Tried many streams and they've all worked perfectly.

I know this is still WIP, but here is one thing I noticed and wondering if others get the same, the volume is extremely loud. I've got the volume set to 1 'blip' above muted and even at this level I can hear sound distortion in the stream as the audio is so loud.

ARH

Portal Member
    October 27, 2006
    I tried this again last night and it dropped out after 35 mins. I have watched other stuff before for longer than this and not had drop outs. I guess it is just a one off I will try again

keithwhite

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi

I've had this installed for a few days, programmes run without problem to the end (excellent !!!), Menu's are easy to set up using the RSS feeds.
    But I have two issues,

One its very loud, much louder than any of the other feeds. Where should I look to try to fix this ? Its using the same codec (coreavc 2.0) as live TV.
    Second issue its not fitting on screen, I think its missing around 25mm all round. Changing aspect does not fix this, is there another way.

By the way I'm using win7 64bit & SVN24669

Thanks

Keith

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I can confirm I am suffering from the symptom where the playback stops before the actual end of program. I am not sure if it does it on all programs. But I was watching (dont flame me for it) Hairy Bikers on BBC HD, and the playback stops before the end of the program - this is repeatable (stops at the same place each time).

I will do more teasting :D

In relation to the loudness, I am trying to play around with ffdshow audio, and use profiles (switch to a profile just for flash playback - where the audio is quiter). This may not be suitable for other flash sites if their audio is already quiet (unless I can get normalise through ffdshow to work correctly).

J.

marson

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2007
    uk
    Home Country
    Fantastic, Thanks so much for the iplayer, works great, i've also added each channel plus the hd channel using the add rsslinks
    if you want to add these channels , click the bbc iplayer in sites,then click the green plus sign in rsslinks, and add these

RSS NAME BBC HD
    RSS URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/img/tv/bbc_hd_1.jpg
    THUMB URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/img/tv/bbc_hd_1.jpg

RSS NAME BBC ONE
    RSS URL BBC iPlayer - BBC One programmes
    THUMB URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/img/tv/bbc_one.jpg

RSS NAME BBC TWO
    RSS URL BBC iPlayer - BBC Two programmes
    THUMB URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/img/tv/bbc_two.jpg

RSS NAME BBC THREE
    RSS URL BBC iPlayer - BBC Three programmes
    THUMB URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/img/tv/bbc_three.jpg