Test version of 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As I've been concentrating on 0.5 lately, 0.4.3 didn't get as much attention as I wanted. Now that I'm already running an alpha version of 0.5 on my "production" system, I can't test it as good as I want to. Therefore, I am releasing this beta version so that it gets a bit more testing before I release it. Please create a new thread if you have any problems, and attach your logs to it.

Download service 0.4.3
    Download WebMediaPortal 0.4.3
    Download WebMediaPortal for IIS 0.4.3

Final release can now be found here.

Changelog WebMP:
    • Add "Flash Ultra LQ" transcoder profile. Even less CPU-heavy profiles will come with 0.5.
    • Fix aspect ratio for TV streaming
    • Remove VLC fullscreen warning box (fullscreen requires VLC 1.1.11 or newer)
    • Improve log messages
    • Fix loading of album cover images

Changelog Service:
    • Improve log messages
    • Ignore database providers that give errors
    • Fix crash in MPVideos when temporary directory does not exists
    • Fix loading of music tracks

Last edited:

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Oxan
    Just tried the new ver. 0.4.3.
    I Can now see my live TV over the internet, but every 10 seconds or so it starts lagging, and then resolves to an OK quality and then starts lagging again.
    As said before I have only about 400 Kbs upload from my ASP. Any way to reduce the ultra LQ even a bit slower (I do believe that the picture will still be OK, even if the quality is reduced a litle).

Also again thanx for this plugin, please post where I can send you a contribution.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The my video menu still does not appear me. :(
    There is no my video menu. If you use the movie database of the MyVideos plugin, you can configure the Movies tab to use that database instead of the default Moving Pictures database on the settings tab. If you use the shares browsing feature of MyVideos, you're out of luck: we don't support that.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Oxan
    Just tried the new ver. 0.4.3.
    I Can now see my live TV over the internet, but every 10 seconds or so it starts lagging, and then resolves to an OK quality and then starts lagging again.
    As said before I have only about 400 Kbs upload from my ASP. Any way to reduce the ultra LQ even a bit slower (I do believe that the picture will still be OK, even if the quality is reduced a litle).
    You can try adding the code below to C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\Streaming.xml, before the </transcoders> line (at the bottom of the file). After you restart the service, there should now be a "Flash Extreme LQ" profile which should fit inside your 400kbps. Unfortunately I forgot to count the audio stream size with the Flash Ultra LQ profile (so it's now 400 for video + 64 for audio). I didn't test it though, so let me know if you have any problems.

Code:
        <transcoder>
          <name>Flash Extreme LQ</name>
          <description>Flash Extreme LQ</description>
          <bandwidth>1000</bandwidth>
          <target>pc-flash-video</target>
          <transport>http</transport>
          <mime>video/x-flv</mime>
          <videoStream>true</videoStream>
          <maxOutputWidth>480</maxOutputWidth>
          <maxOutputHeight>264</maxOutputHeight>

<transcoderConfiguration implementation="MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Transcoders.VLCWrapper">
            <disableSeeking>no</disableSeeking>
            <path>Streaming\vlc-1.1.11\MPExtended.Libraries.VLCWrapper.exe</path>
            <options>--ffmpeg-hw</options>
            <tsOptions>--sout-mux-caching=5000</tsOptions>
            <encoder>vcodec=h264,vb=300,venc=x264{profile=baseline},acodec=mp4a,ab=64,channels=2,samplerate=48000,audio-sync</encoder>
            <muxer>:standard{access=file,mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv},dst=#OUT#}</muxer>
          </transcoderConfiguration>
        </transcoder>

Also again thanx for this plugin, please post where I can send you a contribution.
    Donations are very much appreciated through PayPal (see bottom of this post for the link). If you'd like to donate another way, please send me a PM :)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I use share view, so that vhy does not show the movie menu in the menu bar. Thanx! We are waiting for the next release. For me, the search function in the EPG is the most important.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Oxan
    Added the code to Streaming.xml. restartet the service and it almost works perfekt (stops about have a second about every 20 seconds).
    Which parameters can I play around with to tweek it to my bandwith
    Could I change
    ab=64 to ab=32 ?

Any other parameters?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The main parameters are the 480 and 264 to change the maxium resolution, vb=300 for the bitrate of the video and ab=64 for the bitrate of the audio. You can also consider changing the channels=2 to channels=1 one for mono audio instead of stereo (should reduce bandwidth a bit more), but that gives problems with some streams. An audio bitrate between 64 might also give problems.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Again
    Do you mean this:
    encoder>vcodec=h264,vb=300,venc=x264{profile=baseline},acodec=mp4a,ab=64,channels=2,samplerate=48000,audio-sync</encoder>
    Change to (for example):
    encoder>vcodec=h264,vb=280,venc=x264{profile=baseline},acodec=mp4a,ab=32,channels=1,samplerate=48000,audio-sync</encoder>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom