Testbuilds for SlimTV using TVServer+MPExtended - Updated for 2.2 (2018-10-09)! (4 Viewers)

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
morpheus_xx, can you please have a look at a problem that occurs in the plugin.

my tv server is mp1 latest version. if i watch tv with mp2 client on my notebook and close the notebook to shutdown, the stream stays active on the server. if i use my tablet with mptvscheduler the stream stopps. is this a problem of the plugin/mp2 client or is it a problem of mpextended?

if i close mp2 client on the notebook the stream stopps. so in this case everything works fine.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @tklon I have added a MP2.2 version to first post of this thread. The plugin has been changed to match new async interfaces and I also added a DeInit() call when the client suspends.

Please try this version with MP2.2, especially if it stops timeshift on server when suspending and also if everything still works correctly after resume :)

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you for your help and for adding the new version of the plugin morpheus_xx.
    first of all the plugin works with MP2.2pre. ;)
    this time i tested with my surface pro, instead with my wife's latitude e5520 before. i made a shutdown with the power button during streaming in full screen and the stream still stays active on the mp1 server. if i close the mp2 client during streaming in full screen the stream stopps. unfortunately same behavior like before.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i made a shutdown with the power button during streaming in full screen and the stream still stays active on the mp1 server
    Please use the LogCollector on the client and post logfiles here. I have added logging for the suspend/resume cycle.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi morpheus_xx, i didn't manage this faster, sorry.

here are the collected logs.
    i started mp2 client, started tv, changed a channel, pushed the power button of my surface until i could wipe down to shutdown.
    logs were collected after restart of the surface.
    stream stays active on mp1 server.

if can do anything else to solve that, i'm here to try.

(logs deleted)

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    pushed the power button of my surface until i could wipe down to shutdown.
    Hmm, did you do a shutdown? Currently only suspend mode is detected I think. When shutdown is used I would expect windows to properly end all applications, which should deinit the server side streaming.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes, shutdown during streaming in fullscreen or closing the notebook during streaming in fullscreen. not suspend.
    with the mp1 client the stream stopps on the server.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you try the suspend way? Therefore I had added support in this test build :)

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    in the windows settings for closing the notebook i can only choose hibernate (german: ruhezustand) or shutdown (german: herunterfahren).
    in both cases the stream stays active on the mp1 server. after booting from hibernate the stream doesn't play anymore, there ist only the freeze frame of the last stream frame, before going to hibernate.

there is also save energy (german: energie sparen). If i close the notebook with that setting, the stream also stays active on the mp1 server. after opening the notebook again the windows lock screen appears and the stream continues on the correct actual position of the stream.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom