The Audio Renderer has an issue with some hardware / reference clock generation (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will test it within the next days. I had some sync problems while using skip steps or after resuming a paused channel/Video but i am not sure if this is because the audio renderer...

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm just watching a recording and it isn't really enjoyable :/
    Suddenly the sound starts to stutter and it is getting worse and worse until there is no sound anymore...
    if I skip back some seconds it is okay again, see the attached logs.
    Status quo in the logs:
    - the stutter began
    - skipped 1min back
    - paused
    - posted logs
    :)

I have the highest quality selected in MPAR could that be a reason that the CPU (AMD X2) is not powerful enough?

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    It ran out of data :(
    Your monitor is not at 50Hz which means that bad things happen on TV as it's streamed at 1.0x from your server (possibly same machine) but it won't work in that scenario... we do have a plan for that however, but it isn't done yet.

It looks like your Monitor is at 48Hz, so not 100% sure why it broke (as it should be the other way which gives those symptoms).

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the fast answer :)
    My Tv is @60Hz, but it also supports 50Hz and 24Hz and some more...
    And i was a watching a recording (was on the same machine); it is a singleseat setup

Some days ago I tried the Refreshrate changer, but I just don't like it if by display changes the mode if I start to watch some movie etc :)

What do you recommend until MPAR supports my scenario?

For test reasons I will change the refreshrate to 50Hz and see what happens :)

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Unless your Monitor/TV is running at 50Hz I'd recommend not using MPAR for Live TV (A live source can't be manipulated in the same way other sources can). If your TV is at 50 then it depends on the exact refresh rate, even a little bit off can make the tsReaderBuffers run out over time. Movies on the otherhand are great, with dynamic refresh rate you only need 2 settings (if you don't like the switching) of 50 and 60 - MPAR will resample to get a better picture.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If your TV is at 50 then it depends on the exact refresh rate, even a little bit off can make the tsReaderBuffers run out over time
    I was watching a recording so it shouldn't run out of buffer or I'm wrong?

Unless your Monitor/TV is running at 50Hz I'd recommend not using MPAR for Live TV
    I've changed the refresh rate to 50Hz and played the same recording again and now it looks better, there were three adjustments, but no stutter, will continue testing this evening while watching Tv :p

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Unless your Monitor/TV is running at 50Hz I'd recommend not using MPAR for Live TV
    I've changed the refresh rate to 50Hz and played the same recording again and now it looks better, there were three adjustments, but no stutter, will continue testing this evening while watching Tv :p

01-03-2013 16:21:51.035 [12a8]----- Experimental noStopMod version -----
    01-03-2013 16:21:51.035 [12a8]---------- v0.0.70 XXX ------------------

Does the TsReader.ax from 1.3.0 RC behave the same way? From TsReader.logs it is visible that the TsReader is trying to throttle the playback (not sure if it is caused by MPAR or TsReader itself).

Also as a quick test you could rename that .ts file to .m2ts and let LAV splitter to be as source filter (if you have it installed). Just copy the renamed file under folder that is accessible from my videos and play from there.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @tourettes
    I've set my refreshrate back to 60Hz and renamed the recording to *.m2ts. Than I started the playback from within the videoplugin and had no issues :)
    I tried to simulate the exact behavior as before and it was working :)

The Splitter&video-&audiodecoder were LAV

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom