The dreaded mouse cursor (1 Viewer)

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I also have this problem. I wonder if this has something to do with the dual monitor system I have.

I disabled my second monitor (TV) display and it did not make a scrap of difference.

One interesting thing about this is that when I did a fresh install of 1.01 it actually worked until I went and tried the wide blue skin and from then on it has never worked, regardless of what skin I now apply. I currently run 1.02 but did not do a fresh install of that, but just an upgrade so the mouse problem is still with me.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    In my case the cursor disappears when it is in MP screen, but always stays on in my second (system) screen. I would prefer for the cursor to disappear in any screen.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In my case the cursor disappears when it is in MP screen, but always stays on in my second (system) screen. I would prefer for the cursor to disappear in any screen.

I have given up waiting for a fix for this and have installed BZhider which gets rid of the cursed curser on all screens, the only downfall is that it makes the mouse keep going away when I am browsing the web and I have to keep sliding my mouse onto the browseable area of the screen.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure why people suffer from this, have had it happen myself, so know how inconvenient it can be, but a clean install of the OS and ALL programs that where there previously and the problem was gone :confused:

This for me only happened on a new install of MP1.0RC4 last year, so getting it once for the 5 years I have used MP is not bad, just wish I knew what actually triggered the issue, and reinstalling OS cleared the problem, so is it MP or something stranger (x-files music appears :))

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Silly question, but do you guys also experience the problem when the mouse is plugged OUT?

On some surfaces an optical mouse will report small movement even when not touched. That will make it visible.
    This is the only other thing I can think of.

Callumgw

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    I have this issue with the pointer too. Again it appeared (pun intended) after I went from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1, which because of the install/update problems was a fresh install. I don't have 'mouses' just the IMON VFD for my Thermaltake case and a Logitech DiNovo mini. This is a dedicated machine in the lounge to a single TV/monitor.

I hope I don't have to do a full OS install to fix this....

Can someone confirm the details of the REG KEY that sets auto hide (name and correct setting), so I can confirm it's set correctly first, Cheers.

C

Callumgw

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Can someone confirm the details of the REG KEY that sets auto hide (name and correct setting), so I can confirm it's set correctly first, Cheers.

C

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom