The follow up skin for mce [update: 16/1-05] (1 Viewer)

Do you believe in Santa?

• Total voters

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
Samsonite said:
the difference in between the two skins (MCE05 and BlueTwo) is minimal since the only thing that really differs are the icons. My intention is to make all the other icons available for download so that the dudes can be replaced if you like the other better. That would not be a big deal since all the icons are made anyway. The rest, the structure, will stay the same.
What you say, is THE excellent idea : 110% agreement :)
(while keeping the good programming work you made for "Blue two")

Now, I feel that this week will be better ;) ;)

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
MadAxeMan said:
I do agree, but maybe you could be a bit more political about the Blue Two skin, which I think has had a lot of work put into it and looks really nice. After all to have more skins we also need to give artists some support.
OK for original ideas from artists !
The last idea from Samsonite, seems the best :
Preserve the last hard programming work made for "Blue Two", and add only a download option for the Icons :)

I also think it would be nice for MediaPortal to have its own look and feel distinct from MCE.
YES : good argument :
But look M-P 'mce05' skin : it was original and different from M-P 'mce' skin (which was a MCE skin clone)

Votre Anglais est bien mieux que mon Français. ;)
Courage, c'est déjà très bien, MadeAxeMan ;)

merci1983

Portal Pro
November 13, 2004
Near Bremen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Samsonite

First i like to say "Congratulation" for the addition to your family
(The welding-torch One - real HOT).

But like almost when i write to you i have a pleasure.

Is it possible to make a new statusbar for the burner and my status plugins thats becomes more a look-a-like with your skins mce and bluetwo. (The red and green are for my mind a style-break and they was thought by gucky only for example). When you will do this - PLEASE pay attantion that in the status-bar is a progressbar that should be good to see (Sorry, but i can´t explain it better).

When you need some more information about i.e. variables please let me know.

thanks
merci

A

Anonymous

merci1983 said:
@Samsonite

First i like to say "Congratulation" for the addition to your family
(The welding-torch One - real HOT).

But like almost when i write to you i have a pleasure.

Is it possible to make a new statusbar for the burner and my status plugins thats becomes more a look-a-like with your skins mce and bluetwo. (The red and green are for my mind a style-break and they was thought by gucky only for example). When you will do this - PLEASE pay attantion that in the status-bar is a progressbar that should be good to see (Sorry, but i can´t explain it better).

When you need some more information about i.e. variables please let me know.

thanks
merci

Thanks, regarding the graphics I will take a look at it when I install a new version that has the plugin up and running. After that I will fix the gfx so that it is in line with the skins.

Waltz

Portal Pro
December 14, 2004
Kiel, Germany
This skin is getting better and better! :)

- On the "MyTV" screen, the buddy icon in the lower left corner collides with some of the buttons ("Teletext", "Search"). In the EPG it's the same problem with the small TV picture.
I'm using the German version (0.1.0.7) at a 800x600 resolution.

And another thing: there seems to be no red "recording" symbol in the Home screen any more...?

A

Anonymous

Waltz said:
This skin is getting better and better! :)

- On the "MyTV" screen, the buddy icon in the lower left corner collides with some of the buttons ("Teletext", "Search"). In the EPG it's the same problem with the small TV picture.
I'm using the German version (0.1.0.7) at a 800x600 resolution.

And another thing: there seems to be no red "recording" symbol in the Home screen any more...?

Thanks Waltz, I know there are some tweaks needed for the icons since they are in the way in a couple of places. I am not sure what I will do yet with that but it is on the todo list. Regarding the recording graphics, I have made graphics for it but I have no idea if mario implemented it or not since I don't have a working tv card in my htpc. The graphic is made at least.

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
Sam have you seen a program called BootSkin. You can download it for free from http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin. It allows you to create your own boot skin for XP and Win2K. I've had a go and was not very successful. But your such a good graphics artist I wondered if you wanted to have a go at creating a boot skin to go with BlueTwo. The problem seems to be that you can only have 16 colours :cry:

EDIT: I had another go and made a very simple boot skin using one of the images I found. You can get it here www.mavis-crafts.com/mp.bootskin . It can be imported into BootSkin and then setup as the active skin. I'll try adding a progress bar to it as well.

eLow

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
The Netherlands
Hi all,

First post, so let's start by stating the obvious: Mediaportal rocks! :)

Samsonite: Thanks for this great skin! Right now I'm trying to tweak it even more to my liking...Hope you don't mind. I know it's probably not a smart thing to do with a skin under heavy development. :)

I altered the background and removed the background_start.png from home.xml. First results:

notbluetwo.jpg

notbluetwotone.jpg

(the second one is quick'n'dirty Photopaint work)

Fooling around with the colors made me think of something that would be really cool: color themes. Because of all the duotone graphics your skin would be perfect for this. You could convert your complete skin to greyscale, group the graphics that should have the same color and then batch process them to have lots of pwetty colors. :) Perhaps color themes could even be a new feature in Mediaportal. The message screen in MSN Messenger has something similar, using a color selection box to alter the 'glow' of the skin.

Just my first 2 cents, keep up the good work![/img]

A

Anonymous

eLow said:
Hope you don't mind. I know it's probably not a smart thing to do with a skin under heavy development. :)

Offcourse I don't mind, and there will not be any MAJOR changes to the skin now, just tweaks.

It is great to see things beeing modded, keeps things alive ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom