The HDHomerun (ATSC) Now works with Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thank you for the heads up Commodore 64! Do you like this card/box? Would you recommend it?
Oh by the way, where have you been? I haven't seen you post in long time.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    Heh. I've been busy at work and at home. Daughter number 2 arrived in October, and it takes a few months for things to settle down, you know.

I really like the HDHR. The HDHR team is small, but they do a lot and are responsive to requests. One of them hangs out on IRC and is helping with the MP project so I encourage everyone who plans to buy an ATSC card ot consider the HDHR.

It takes no PCI slots, hooks right into your network and the best thing is, the tuners are great. WIth the latest firmware, they tune and lock more channels than my VBox DTA-150, which was always the standard for me.

pegisys

Portal Member
    September 13, 2006
    Home Country
    I may have to look in to one as well, I bought a Kworld atsc-110 and it doesn't seem to do so well

and a little off topic but I see we are in the same area, I want to know what kind of antenna you are using, I just got the tv so right now I'm just using antennas that I had around the house but I can only get a few stations with the tuner in the tv and even less with the Kworld card

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    TVServer recognizes it, but as with all ATSC cards ATM, it doesn't work.

hakras

February 1, 2007
    TVServer recognizes it, but as with all ATSC cards ATM, it doesn't work.

I was thinking about getting the HDHomeRun to use with MediaPortal. I am still in the planning stage. Would HDHomeRun be a good option? Would it be able to feed 2 HTPCs simultaneously?

phillfri

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    These instructions appear not to work on Windows Vista. The HDHR is not recognized by the MediaPortal Configuration utility.

Winddancer

Portal Member
    August 6, 2007
    Hi...
    I can not for the life of me get this to work.
    I have scoured the web for help and instructions and have tried everything I can come across, and I still can not get it to work.
    here is a brief snapshot of the system I am running, and then a list of what I have tried to do.
    Tuners / HDHomeRun / Kworld PCI 115
    OS / Vista x64 Home premium
    Mobo/ NF-M2 Nview W/Nvidia 6150
    AMD X2 64@4200mhz W/3gigs of mem
    Zyxel 550 router
    (I hope this is all you need )

I have followed the steps both here and the HDHomerun site.
    I have installed ALL the needed software, in the order that it suggested.
    Firewall is OFF.
    Virus scanner OFF
    I have installed the bda.inf
    I have registered the hdhomerun_bda.ax
    I have done the channel scans and remapping.
    I have edited( with several different editors) the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml
    adding the needed lines, (both versions,since it has just changed)
    I have installed both the x86 and the x64 versions of HDHomeRun , doing a complete uninstall of both MP and HD and then getting rid of all files and folders that were left behind before the next install.
    and I still get the same thing, no capture device found.. not even my Kworld.
    I have also done this on a Fresh install of both Vista and XPsp2 (non64)
    and I get the same results. I am able to see the HDHomeRun in VLC so the signal does work and does make it to the computer.
    I am at a loss.
    Does anyone know what I need to do to get this working??
    does anyone have the HDHomeRun working and can send or upload to fileshare their CaptureCardDefinitions.xml to see if that is the problem???
    Thank you...
    :D

gwynethh

Portal Member
    August 10, 2004
    HDHomerun fix?

Per the news on silicon dust they have fixed the HDHomerun/Mediaportal problem with a new driver and xml file. I have not tried it yet. Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread