The second update of MediaPortal iViewer (1 Viewer)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The second update of MediaPortal iViewer can now be downloaded.

All client and user settings will be kept.

Just restart MPiV and you will be prompt about the update(If you have updates configured to check at start. To manually update; go to Settings, 'General & Activities', General, Update. 'Check for update now')

Note that to use your remote as a trackboard require Logitech Touchmouse Server to be installed on the same computer as WifiRemote. It can e.g. be downloaded from:
    http://logitech-touch-mouse-server.en.softonic.com/

New features:
    • Customize your home screens. Add multiple Home screens and add only the activity tiles you need. Several tile sizes are available.
    • Customize your Power menu. Select any power mode from WifiRemote or MPExtended or even Wake you computer from sleep.
    • New design for topbar now playing panel; now includes transport buttons.
    • New design for client menu. See what's playing and control media on all clients from the same panel.
    • Fanart for Movies and Series available as user options.
    • Mouse control mode in remote. Require Logitech Touchmouse Server to be installed on same computer as WifiRemote.
    • New activity; Internet browser with default url as user setting.
    • File browser separated from Movies and now exist as own activity.
    • EPG; You are now asked to play recording or at live point when starting playback of a program that is currently recording.
    • EPG: Drag your finger at bluebar to gradually change display time.
    • Animations when pressing media thumbs.
    • User settings to switch 'Play' and 'Stream' buttons.
    • EPG; Decide if to use device time zone or GMT-+
    • Hold skip transport button for changing chapter. This to support Comskip to skip commercials.
    • Many new icons for movie media aspects in movie details.

Bug fixes:
    • Movie details display when movie trailer request fails.
    • Music thumbs did not display when special characters was in the artist or album name
    • Search, all search failed if no tv server is connected.
    • EPG; Two programs marked as current on one channel for the minute they are shifting.
    • Movies, don't auto select first movie if no movies were retrieved.
    Read more in the Google+ page:
    https://plus.google.com/113957640671622459162/posts

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Strange. I just reinstalled the app and updated without issues. In whay country are you in?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks @GoldenEye ! Good to know. I have had two reports in the past about problems when updating and these persons were located in US and Australia, i.e. the other side of the globe from Sweden. So my theory was that the download speed from our server could be slow from these far away countries. But Germany, what the hec? The files are actually placed at my dayjobs webserver that customers in 70 countries use for downloading much larger files so I'm a bit confused about the issue to dowload a zip of size around 100 megabytes.

The persons that had issues downloading managed in the end by trying a few times and never let the iPad sleep during the updating.

I will try to move the files to a commerical Google Drive account but I probably need to change in the code to handle this so this will require an update to app store anyway.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Trying with Google Drive was a no go, files larger than 25Mb and one can't download them without confirmation. Tried various link substitution methods and nothing seem to work. Need a perl script to go around this.
    https://circulosmeos.wordpress.com/2014/04/12/google-drive-direct-download-of-big-files/

So I tried Dropbox account instead and the dyndns links have been repointed. The download is now a bit slower for me but let's hope Dropbox is more stable around the globe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom