The unofficial Comhem Sweden thread (4 Viewers)

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks SweMart for your last post. Been wondering wether to buy a FloppyDTV of two TT C-1500HD's (since that would be about the same in price, but I'd get two tunders if I go with the TT cards). If only I could figure out how I'd solve the CI issue..

A bit off topic but ...

In theory you could use the Hauppauge USB CI-module, don't know if you can use it with two tuner cards though. The FloppyDTV is very good in that way that it only consumes one PCI slot and you have the CI built in. You can find some nice pictures describing what I mean here:
    http://www.tystpc.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=767

Another dodgy option is to use a USB smartcard reader, but you'll have to ask questions about that at another forum since talking about those devices violate the MP forum rules.

KingHippo

Portal Member
    January 13, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is any of the cards better then the others? Except FireDTV, they seem to cost about 900 SEK. I'm planning to go without a CI so the FireDTV seems a bit overkill.

My experiences with Techno-Trend C-1500 are very good, never had a problem with it so far. Bought it from dvbshop.net, something like 820SEK incl over night DHL shipping. I think it actually has the same tuner chip as the Fire/FloppyDTV, both tuners are from Philips anyways.

Thanks!

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A little question. Do you need Comhem card to get any kind of channels or are for example SVT unscrambled?

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Too bad. All I care about to get digital are the free channels but I don't want to use terrestial since I can not mount a good enough antenna without a lot of trouble.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Very strange but that seems find all channels but TV4 HD which is on..... 786000 6875000 256QAM

Vanzan

July 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it possible to view/discramble one channel and record another with Floppy/FireDTV?
    What CAM support discrambling of 2 channels or more for Comhem?

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it possible to view/discramble one channel and record another with Floppy/FireDTV?
    What CAM support discrambling of 2 channels or more for Comhem?

I only have a Conax 4.00e CAM and it doesn't work with more than one channel:(

Has anyone tried with the Conax v5 CAM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom