The unofficial Comhem Sweden thread (1 Viewer)

GrandPA

July 29, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi
I've problem getting the channels into TVE3 for some reason. The card I use is FireDTV C/CI, HW Ver: 0.1.26.02 with driver 4.8.0 M. In the server it showa up like a DVB-T FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBC and I wonder if that could be the problem.

Another question is how to get the .dvbc files in to the scan list. It doesn't seem to help to just rename it to dvbc.dvbc and restart the server.

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi
    I've problem getting the channels into TVE3 for some reason. The card I use is FireDTV C/CI, HW Ver: 0.1.26.02 with driver 4.8.0 M. In the server it showa up like a DVB-T FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBC and I wonder if that could be the problem.

Another question is how to get the .dvbc files in to the scan list. It doesn't seem to help to just rename it to dvbc.dvbc and restart the server.

1) It seems that you're using the wrong drivers, try the BDA drivers instead of the MCE ones. If that doesn't work try to get help at http://www.tystpc.nu/forum - it's Fire/FloppyDTV specific.

2) Place the .dvbc file in <drive>:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Tuningparameters

frippe31

October 4, 2007
    low profile

Does anyone know if there is a DVB-C (internal) which is low profile?

I've got an Aopen (MZ chassi).

is any of the above recommended (have been looking at the - Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C)

Thank you!

more10

October 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Only teletext on my FireDTV

Hi all

This is my first attempt on building a HTPC, and would appreciate some help in getting FloppyDTV working with ComHem. I have downloaded and installed Sweden - Comhem - Stockholm.dvbc. MediaPortal version is V0.2.3.0 RC2. I am able to scan the TV-card and it reports plenty of channels. Lots of the channels are marked as red in setup, and some are marked green. EPG and teletext works, but no picture and no sound :-(. I have tried 3 other viewers before I found MediaPortal. They all behave in this way or worse.

I got Vista Ultimate x64. FireDTV driver is 071005_vista_bda_x64_beta_package.

According to ComHem my access card is from 2005, and should be their latest model.

Do I need a codec? Which one?

I also got a question about the Conax CAM, Dustin says it is a Conax 5, but the report says it is 4.00e. Are they the same, or should I complain with Dustin?

This is my report from FireDTV Support Tool:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Digital Everywhere Support Report: (1. 0. 7. 0)
    Generated on (Y/M/d): 2007.10.16

FireDTV / FloppyDTV devices:
    devices found: 1

Status for device 1
    Model : FloppyDTV C/CI
    GUID : 0x00128726020003CB
    HW Ver.: 01.26.02
    FW Ver.: 2.2.10 Build 43110
    Driver : 4.8.1

Frontend Status:
    Frequency.: 290000 kHz, Sig.Str.: 100%, BER: 0
    Locked : YES

CAM Module: Conax 4.00e

Windows System Information:
    OS Path: C:\Windows

OS Version:
    Microsoft Windows Vista (Build: 6000)

OHCI Controller:
    Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
    Description: Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
    Enumerator: PCI

MCE Plugin:
    No Plugin Version found!
    No Service found!
    Program files path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)'

FireDTV Transponder List:
    Transponder List found:
    Cable

FireDTV Tools:
    No running FireDTV tools found

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I got Vista Ultimate x64. FireDTV driver is 071005_vista_bda_x64_beta_package.

This may be the problem, not sure if Mediaportal works with Vista X64, search the forums.

I also got a question about the Conax CAM, Dustin says it is a Conax 5, but the report says it is 4.00e. Are they the same, or should I complain with Dustin?

According to me this is good :) The 4.00e CAMs I've tried so far have been more stable.

Also try the latest FireDTV firmware.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Comhem channel groups NetID 40999

Comhem users are likely to subscribe to one of Comhems channel packages Small, Medium, Large and Canal+ Total, TV1000 or Säsongskortet. Users have to manually create a TV Group and add channels one by one.
    I've attached TV Group xml files for all combination of packages which can be imported to the TV Server with one click. The channel names are based on Comhems naming standard so if channels has been renamed after the channel scan this method will fail.

Usage:
    1. Scan for channels.
    2. In MediaPortal TV Server management console / TV Channels click Import and select one of the xml files. This will just create a group of channels from step 1.
    3. In MediaPortal / TV Guide open the menu (F9) and select group. OR use left/right key in Mini EPG to select the group created in step 2.

All your subscribed channels will now be grouped together and visible in the EPG. For example Large + Canal+ + Säsongskortet + TV1000 which contains 82 channels out of Comhem's 151.

I'm still not sure if Comhem use the same channel names everywhere. These files will at least match netid 40999 Göteborg.

Edit: 2007-11-05 New Canal+ and PPV Sport channels
    Edit: 2008-01-12 Moved to Wiki

more10

October 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: Only teletext on my FireDTV

Well, the box just needed rebooting :). Everything except viewing in full screen works fine with Vista 64 bit.

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    Does anybody know if there are still issues with FireDTV and the Conax 5.00 module? Was thinking of buying a package asap.

EDIT: Never mind, saw this on their page "- Release of Firmware for FireDTV / FloppyDTV C/CI . A bug in handling the Conax Digiality Cam has been removed. This bug has sometime locked the FireDTV / FloppyDTV during channel switch. Recommended for user in Sweden and Finland !!!" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom