The unofficial Comhem Sweden thread (1 Viewer)

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a Technotrend budget C-1500 but can't find any channels on frequency 290000, and thats where SVT, SVT2... is.
    Every other frequency works fine, so im only missing SVT1, SVT2 TV4 and mayby som other channel.
    The card works fantastic otherwise so i would really like to use it, i bought it beause i had a Twinhan AD- CP300 (2033) that worked really crappy, lots of jerkiness and noises.

My girlfriend wasn't to happy when she couldn't se idol last friday, so now i have switched back to the twinhan card :(

If you're using TVE3 you could try to import my export.xml, you can download it here.

Do you use the "Sweden Comhem Göteborg.dvbc" or "Sweden Comhem Stockholm.dvbc" when scanning?

Edit: Have you tried using a "Mantelströmfilter"? I know people have solved different sorts of problems using such a device.

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    I can report that I'm using the 5.0 Conax CAM with ComHem and MP without any issues at all. Using latest firmware and drivers.

I think the info about the 5.0 not working is now outdated :)

as74

Portal Member
    November 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a Technotrend budget C-1500 but can't find any channels on frequency 290000, and thats where SVT, SVT2... is.
    Every other frequency works fine, so im only missing SVT1, SVT2 TV4 and mayby som other channel.
    The card works fantastic otherwise so i would really like to use it, i bought it beause i had a Twinhan AD- CP300 (2033) that worked really crappy, lots of jerkiness and noises.

My girlfriend wasn't to happy when she couldn't se idol last friday, so now i have switched back to the twinhan card :(

If you're using TVE3 you could try to import my export.xml, you can download it here.

Do you use the "Sweden Comhem Göteborg.dvbc" or "Sweden Comhem Stockholm.dvbc" when scanning?

No i use a dvbc file i created myself... and the only frequency that doesn't work is 290000 when i use the technotrend card, but if i use the twinhan card everythinh scans ok.

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

No i use a dvbc file i created myself... and the only frequency that doesn't work is 290000 when i use the technotrend card, but if i use the twinhan card everythinh scans ok.

My experience with TT C-1500 is the following:
    - 4.X drivers = Bad when the signal is low, very good picture quality
    - 5.X drivers = Good when the signal is low, poor picture quality

Which drivers do you use?

Edit: I'd also recommend a signal amplier if you don't have one, I've improved my signal from 60& to 85% using a cheap one from kjell.com.

as74

Portal Member
    November 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

My experience with TT C-1500 is the following:
    - 4.X drivers = Bad when the signal is low, very good picture quality
    - 5.X drivers = Good when the signal is low, poor picture quality

Which drivers do you use?

Edit: I'd also recommend a signal amplier if you don't have one, I've improved my signal from 60& to 85% using a cheap one from kjell.com.

I have tried both drivers, none of them work better than the other on the 290000 frequency.
    I bought a signal amplifier and a high quality antenna cable but that didn't help much, i tested with transedit from DVBviewer to see the signal strength and that's 100%, sometimes the channels is found on scanning but only 1 of 10 times...?

as74

Portal Member
    November 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    the one i used before is 1 meter.
    but yesterday i bought a 2 meter high quality cable from kjell & co.
    the cables work fine when i shift the card to my old (and poor) twinhan card.

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    the one i used before is 1 meter.
    but yesterday i bought a 2 meter high quality cable from kjell & co.
    the cables work fine when i shift the card to my old (and poor) twinhan card.

Since you experience the same problems with DVB Viewer it has to be a problem with the card, try to get it replaced.

I'm also using the ClickTronic cable from Kjell&CO, it's a very good quality cable.
    Socket -> 7.5m ClickTronic -> Antenna amplifier(2*2m ClickTronic to 2 FloppyDTV)) -> 10m ClickTronic -> TT C-1500

I can report that I'm using the 5.0 Conax CAM with ComHem and MP without any issues at all. Using latest firmware and drivers.

I think the info about the 5.0 not working is now outdated :)

Ok, I'll update both the Wiki and the main post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom