Theme: BasicHome goes Classic with Backdrops | NEW: Editor available (1 Viewer)

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Funny thing, I can't get FanArt to work again
    I doublechecked the code and there is no obvious flaw. But as FanArt for label0 is not one of my examples I presume a mistake somewhere in your adaption. Just upload your BasicHome.submenus.xml BasicHome.backgrounds.xml and I will check it. And be sure you have set the necessary #useRandomXYZFanArt set to Yes in your original BasicHome.xml ;)

By the way: Would be cool if your theme could be the first to support LatestVideos when OnlineVideos menu entry is focused ;)
    I will have a look at it. As well as the new "Upcoming recordings" from LatestMediaHandler...

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In BasicHome.xml (in TITAN root folder) I have:

Code:
    <define>#useRandomGamesUserFanart:No</define>
    <define>#useRandomTVSeriesFanart:Yes</define>
    <define>#useRandomPluginsUserFanart:No</define>
    <define>#useRandomMovingPicturesFanart:Yes</define>
    <define>#useRandomMusicUserFanart:Yes</define>
    <define>#useRandomMusicScraperFanart:Yes</define>
    <define>#useRandomPicturesUserFanart:No</define>
    <define>#useRandomTVUserFanart:No</define>
    <define>#useRandomMoviesUserFanart:Yes</define>
    <define>#useRandomMoviesScraperFanart:Yes</define>
    <define>#useRandomScoreCenterUserFanart:No</define>

The changes I have done to the Basichome.backgrounds.xml are to define my own static background images (like hover_my videos.jpg instead of hover_my videos.png) etc. as well as changing the order of the items to reflect the order changes I've done in my BasicHome.xml. I've included this as well as my BasicHome.submenus.xml too for completeness' sake. ;)

Emph

Attachments

• BasicHome.backgrounds.xml
      12.6 KB
    • BasicHome.xml
      124.4 KB
    • BasicHome.submenus.xml
      41 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have no idea why, but after a restart, FanArt is working again. :confused: Please don't waste time troubleshooting this, it's clearly something at my end.

Emph

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just tried this and found that everything was stuck in German language despite GUI settings stating that this should use English (UK) or even changing to English. Any ideas?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just tried this and found that everything was stuck in German language despite GUI settings stating that this should use English (UK) or even changing to English. Any ideas?

You'll need to edit the labels manually in BasicHome etc. It's mentioned in the original post I think.

Emph

Steelman1991

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Attempting to use this mod - looks great, but I am unable to change from skin default, in MP Configuration screen, GUI (edit skin settings). Despite changing from 'default' to 'backdropped' and OK, the theme continually reverts to 'default'. The same behaviour happens when attempting change to 'blue background'

Any ideas - am I doing something wrong?

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am unable to change from skin default[...]. The same behaviour happens when attempting change to 'blue background'[...]
    When does it revert to default? Instantly or after a restart? As you also can't change to 'blue background' this is no specific problem of this theme. Did you accidently set your SkinSettings.xml to read only? You can also try to edit SkinSettings.xml (located in '...\skin\Titan') and set the theme name to "backdropped"
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <profile>
      <section name="theme">
    	<entry name="name">backdropped</entry>
      </section>
    [...]
    But I have no idea why this shouldn't be changeable from inside of MP GUI...

Steelman1991

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I am unable to change from skin default[...]. The same behaviour happens when attempting change to 'blue background'[...]
    When does it revert to default? Instantly or after a restart? As you also can't change to 'blue background' this is no specific problem of this theme. Did you accidently set your SkinSettings.xml to read only? You can also try to edit SkinSettings.xml (located in '...\skin\Titan') and set the theme name to "backdropped"
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <profile>
      <section name="theme">
    	<entry name="name">backdropped</entry>
      </section>
    [...]
    But I have no idea why this shouldn't be changeable from inside of MP GUI...

It reverted to default instantly - and haven't made any changes to file attributes. Carrying out your amendment to the SkinSettings.xml did the trick though.

Thanks

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Update:
    V2.4
    • Added: BasicHome.UpcomingRecordings.xml: Overlay for upcoming recordings (requires latest version of LatestMediaHandler)
    • Added: BasicHome.ActiveRecordings.xml: Overlay for active recordings (requires LatestMediaHandler and TV-Notifications enabled)
    • Changed: BasicHome.backgrounds.xml: Enabling/Disabling/Changing Backgrounds and FanArt for each label is much easier now
    • Changed: BasicHome.xml: Added imports for upcoming and active recordings xml file
    I tried to centralize all definitions in one file, but that does not work out. So you will still need to do the adjustments in all corresponding xml files. This means also that every update will still overwrite all adjustments you made...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom