[User Mod] Theme: Kiwi Gold (Supports basic + extended home) (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That is what I am trying to do, however the video overlay seems to override the order in which images are placed, and it goes on top of everything. I'm hoping there is a control or a sneaky way to get a image on top of it. (or maybe apply a transparency mask).

Unfortunately if I can't do this I may need to just make the tv more square

Last edited:

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Maybe have a look at black glass skins. Tgx does a similar thing with the video overlay in the background

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It was a while ago I used BG. But if I remember it was in the nova skin. Play a video and go to basic home, press up to enter the shutdown menu, theres a button there called video wall or something, press that. That can perhaps help or inspire you..

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    video overlay seems to override the order in which images are placed, and it goes on top of everything
    Yes, you are correct, there is a order of 'layers'. Afaik only controls added to videoOverlayTop.xml will display on top of the videowindow control. And that only applies when allowoverlay is set (not if you use a custom mediaoverlay which IIRC Titan does sometimes). Remember all that stuff in videoOverlay and Top is hardcoded, so you cannot see the effects of any changes by exiting/reloading the window (or even using Refresh Plugin) so you have to actually reload MP to test each change. :(

EDIT: P.S. the background video Mr Viggo mentioned is often a button on the topbar or on some home screens in some skins. It just uses the ACTION_BACKGROUND_TOGGLE = 101 which you can program to a remote button, or use <action>101</action> on a button control in skin. IIRC you can't actually skin it though, it is always full screen, but I may be wrong. Also it isn't perfect, some controls, like muliimages, cormerstone fanart in TVS, MovPics etc will overlay it due to the built in fade animations.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    EDIT: P.S. the background video Mr Viggo mentioned is often a button on the topbar or on some home screens in some skins. It just uses the ACTION_BACKGROUND_TOGGLE = 101 which you can program to a remote button, or use <action>101</action> on a button control in skin. IIRC you can't actually skin it though, it is always full screen, but I may be wrong.
    Having it fullscreen size would be a problem.
    Also it isn't perfect, some controls, like muliimages, cormerstone fanart in TVS, MovPics etc will overlay it due to the built in fade animations.
    This wouldn't be a problem.

In that case I might stop modding the home screen any further :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    In that case I might stop modding the home screen any further :)
    Yeah I can understand that, ;) However, it is often the limitations that inspire the most creativity... eventually you just think of another, maybe better, way to accomplish what you want.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Wasn't planing too, I thought the gold home buttons worked well with the dull gold colours. What did you have in mind. If you followed redzebras installation instructions you could easily change the colour of my theme using notepad++ to automatically change the colour codes and then copy all the images from redzebra's other coloured theme into my theme (overwriting existing images). Instructions are in redzebra's thread.

Last edited:

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks, will look into that. Didnt have anything specific in mind, was asking more out of curiosity. TBH the gold theme is probably the best looking for your mod anyway.

Nice work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom