THIS IS A RIPOFF (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

Looking good! I like the clean look, don't think it will need any more information on the home sceen. Just like the MCE look, simple and clean..

Keep up the good work!!

A

Anonymous

And a working subpage, not really done yet but hey...

mces2.jpg

A

Anonymous

Nice! The only thing I would change would be the text size of "66 objects". As it's not that important information it could be located below the list and/or with a smaller text size.. And maybe another gfx for the folders.. but that's probably easy to change later on.. ?

A

Anonymous

bonkalord said:
Nice! The only thing I would change would be the text size of "66 objects". As it's not that important information it could be located below the list and/or with a smaller text size.. And maybe another gfx for the folders.. but that's probably easy to change later on.. ?

My guess it will be virtually impossible to change that... ;)

Seriously I would like the name of the file that is hightlighted to be displayed there but I am not sure that is possible. Also, to keep the clean XP MCE look I have removed the list bar on the right and I really do think that the page up/down and number of pages should be sufficient.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ofcourse you can do that, check these tags:

#selecteditem text of current selected item
    #selecteditem2 2nd text of for current selected item
    #selectedthumb filename of thumbnail for current selected item

All these tags r in tags.txt in the docs folder

A

Anonymous

Tanks Mario, I soon have enough graphics so that you can start helping out skinning the rest. I just wanted to see if I where on the right track. I will probably zip up the graphics later today so that you can download it and start helping out with the skin :)

barranger

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    just a quick thought on the home page (main menu page); when the top bar is enabled it makes the menu look off center. It looks like it's too far up on the screen

But all in all it looks great!!! I can't wait for this to be ready

usbrit

Portal Member
    April 22, 2004
    Samsonite,
    I like this look a lot.
    Just checking out meedio last night and thinking how simple the GUI looks, and how your skin does the best job so far of keeping MP simple and clean.
    Keep it up, hooray for open source!
    usbrit

A

Anonymous

domi_fan said:
    just a quick thought on the home page (main menu page); when the top bar is enabled it makes the menu look off center. It looks like it's too far up on the screen

But all in all it looks great!!! I can't wait for this to be ready

I know that it looks a bit off but the problem is that it looks very... well squezed if I put it in the center. What would be nice further down the road when Media Portal has native support for remotes, you would not need to have the bars at all, that would be really nice... and clean :)

usbrit said:
    Samsonite,
    I like this look a lot.
    Just checking out meedio last night and thinking how simple the GUI looks, and how your skin does the best job so far of keeping MP simple and clean.
    Keep it up, hooray for open source!
    usbrit

Thanks, well meedio is looks really clean, almost to clean in my opinion but there will probably be several nice skins out for it. Since I also am a BIG fan of open source I would not spend any time on skinning a commercial product, I stick with the scene heroes "the open source people" :D

A

Anonymous

Ok, I finally got the icon view to look ok. There where some tweaking that had to be done before I got it right. The icon is actually two icons... one big and a small. The small is fitted into the center of the big one and that makes up for a nice MCE kind of look :)

The view with the large icons:
    mces3.jpg

And when showing small icons:
    mces4.jpg

Well I hope you like them, enjoy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom