Three ugly icons on my home screen (1 Viewer)

VoGoD

Portal Member
November 6, 2008
First of all, congratulation by the new StreamedMP version. With the final Mediaportal 1.1.0 it makes the perfect couple.

I've installed Mediaportal 1.1.0 and StreamedMP but when I open home screen (first screen) I see three horrible icons in a wonderful skin that I would like to deactivate. They are an "i" red icon (I think "information"), a blue icon (I think "shutdown") and a blue one (I don't know what it's used for).

How could I hide these three icons?

Thank you very much!

dacore944

Portal Member
June 12, 2007
Yes, please make it optional. And maybe bij default not showing. I don't like the 3 icon too. No purpose to show them all the time.

digitalfm

Portal Pro
February 4, 2008
If we're refering to the Restart / Shut down icons on the vertical menu Basic home screen, I completely agree. Not great to have them showing all the time. Having them appear when navigating to the right was a great solution. I would also be gratefull if these could be optional in future.

Another thing. When navigating the vertical menu up and down I find that if the background does not appear instantly, I get a 'MediaPortal Loading' message which almost instantly fades away. It really spoils things. Is there any way to set a delay against this, or switch it off completely?

Apart from those two things, it's the best skin out there by far!!

......Although supporting the new version of Showtimes would be great too! :D

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
If we're refering to the Restart / Shut down icons on the vertical menu Basic home screen, I completely agree. Not great to have them showing all the time. Having them appear when navigating to the right was a great solution. I would also be gratefull if these could be optional in future.

Another thing. When navigating the vertical menu up and down I find that if the background does not appear instantly, I get a 'MediaPortal Loading' message which almost instantly fades away. It really spoils things. Is there any way to set a delay against this, or switch it off completely?

Apart from those two things, it's the best skin out there by far!!

......Although supporting the new version of Showtimes would be great too! :D

@digitalfm and all who don't like the new button layout...

The forthcoming patch will reverse this change and if you want the 3 buttons on the vertical home it will need to be enabled.

The load message is there to handle an feature of fanart handler, this pre-caches images so there is a delay when you enter a page that uses it - another change that has gone in is if you do not have fanart enabled menu items then this is removed.

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom