Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recordings (2 Viewers)

Do you need a plugin for creating thumbnails?

• Total voters

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think that I understand it now. The thumbs displayed are only the ones from the user settings (sth like .../applications/Media Portal/thumbs/tv). The jpg's in the video/recordings folders having the same name with or without the 'L' seem to be irrelevant now. It seems that this behaviour changed recently, probably when migrating from 1.0.2 to 1.1 beta.

I had plenty of 'old' thumbnails in my video/recordings folders (from the time when I was using 1.0.2) which I could safely delete. This btw solved a minor issue: Sometimes, when browsing in my videos through video folders it took several seconds to jump from one file to the next one. It seems that this was related to these orphaned thumbnails, because it is gone now.

Funnily I could reactivate the inbuilt thumbnailer and - after turning off the windows problem report - had very convincing results.

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

i am using a muliseat setup and the internal thumbnailer is not running here. but i just love tv thumbs :)

is there any possibility to run your thumbnailer on the tvserver part and generate thumbs for each recording? or is the mp client needed? if this is working i could change the path to the tv thumbs at the client to a network share on the server.

the perfect solution would be a tv-server plugin of your thumbnailer ;)

nicx...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recordings

hi,

the perfect solution would be a tv-server plugin of your thumbnailer ;)

nicx...

+1 - I would very much appreciate this too - not only for TV-thumbs, but also for other directories (just as your current process plugin can do ... :)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recordings

As you're already using Windows 7 which features SMB2 I'd recommend to try using the TV client via network shares instead of RTSP. This will give you tv thumbs, comskip support and accurate skipping.

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recordings

As you're already using Windows 7 which features SMB2 I'd recommend to try using the TV client via network shares instead of RTSP. This will give you tv thumbs, comskip support and accurate skipping.

hi,

i already tested this but i have different problems with not using rtsp such as stuttering tv, slow menus, crashing mtn.exe, and much more. with rtsp i dont have any problems ;)

nicx...

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recording

hi,

i already tested this but i have different problems with not using rtsp such as stuttering tv, slow menus, crashing mtn.exe, and much more. with rtsp i dont have any problems ;)

nicx...

Your profile says Version 1.0.2. but just the lastest SVN build has fixes included to eliminate the stuttering TV.
    Furthermore report crashing mtn.exe to Mr_Hipp as he thought to fix the crashing.

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok i just updated my profile ;)

i just dont want to use non-rstp because of many problems even with the actual svn. lets go back to topic: i want a tv-server plugin for creating thumbnails :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom