Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recordings (2 Viewers)

Do you need a plugin for creating thumbnails?

• Total voters

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
First, it creates folder.jpg only for single movie file per folder, even two AVI files and it does not.

Second, it creates moviefilename.jpg files in folders where more than one movie file exists.

Ok, but for me nothing happens at all.... I cant see any "folder.jpg" or "moviefilename.jpg" being created in my video folders! :(

Do I have to change anything in "MTN" parameters?

SirShagsalot

Portal Member
December 17, 2007
Planet Earth
Home Country
Hi,

Ok, but for me nothing happens at all.... I cant see any "folder.jpg" or "moviefilename.jpg" being created in my video folders! :(

Sorry, then no idea what it could be. You have shut down MP and restarted it with plugin enabled - yes?

Do I have to change anything in "MTN" parameters?

MTN Parameters? Maybe I have an older version? Where is the "MTN Parameters" setting?

Greez SSAL

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
MoPhat:
Here is the things you requested...
Path to Simpsons video files is:
"C:\Users\Thomas Josefsson\Videos\Serier\The Simpsons - Season 6"

Operating system is: Windows Vista SP1 and
Language is: Swedish

MP version is: 1.0.2.0

Best regards

Attachments

• ThumbnailerV3.xml
    30.6 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    why is the default image name format for videos "%videofilename%L.jpg"
    when i use my videos to browse i can only see thumbnails if they are named "%videofilename%.jpg"

SUGGESTION:

Option to 'close' mtn.exe when it crashes

Reason: I do get crashes on some h264 recordings or badly encoding video files. When mtn.exe crashes it brings up a dialog box asking if i should send the error to microsoft, i belive that this pauses the process of creating more thumbnails until the user selects "don't send" (ie don't send the error to microsoft). It would be good if somehow the don't send button could automatically be pressed so that the thumbnailer can continue processing the rest of the video files.

also: in the command line parameters you use "-D6" , shouldn't this be "-D 6"?

Also: suggestion to add link to this page - movie thumbnailer (mtn) usage
    so that users can customise the thumbnails

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Reason: I do get crashes on some h264 recordings or badly encoding video files. When mtn.exe crashes it brings up a dialog box asking if i should send the error to microsoft, i belive that this pauses the process of creating more thumbnails until the user selects "don't send" (ie don't send the error to microsoft). It would be good if somehow the don't send button could automatically be pressed so that the thumbnailer can continue processing the rest of the video files.

This is a windows setting, I would try that first instead of recreating the wheel. I always turn that off immediatly after win install

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    oh thank you, didn't know you could remove this dialog box, i assume you'd still get notified of the crash with an 'ok' dialog box wouldn't you?

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It depends on the seriousness but most likely yes.
    Will save you at least the MS nagging :)

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Manually created thumbs not displayed in my recordings

Hello all,

first a small addition for those who don't have present how to deactivate the problem report: Windows XP - Die Fehlerberichterstattung deaktivieren (in german and for XP, but easily transferable).

Now my main topic:
    I tried to let mtn run in a small batch file to only thumbnail my recordings. At first sight I succeeded - it quickly created for each movie.ts a movie.jpg in the same folder. However, when browsing with MP through my recordings I still did not see any of these 'manually created' thumbnails.
    The oddity: I still have some 'old' thumbnails which have been created weeks ago by the inbuilt thumbnailer before I deactivated it (due to some hangs with few video files). These thumbnails look exactly like my new ones, have the same name scheme and are perfectly displayed in my recordings.

Does anybody have a clue to this? Is there something more required than the jpg file with the same name as the recording in order to get displayed? Some caching issue? Or unmatching dimensions? I mostly want to understand it.

thx in advance

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    why is the default image name format for videos "%videofilename%L.jpg"
    when i use my videos to browse i can only see thumbnails if they are named "%videofilename%.jpg"

Hello kiwijunglist,

thanks for the quick answer - I will try it later when I'm at home. So for now I'm surprised and can only repeat Your question that You placed four days ago: Why is this 'L' appended? It seems inconsistent between TV recordings and videos. And why did my 'old' thumbnails not have that 'L' and were still displayed (of course I will doublecheck this later)?

kind regards from the opposite side of the world...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom