Time Bar in My-TVSERIES does not show any text (time, jump interval, etc.) (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

i am running MP 1.4 on a windows 8 Pro x64 machine using the Default wide media portal skin. Maybe 1 month ago my wife told me that some of her TV shows within the TVseries plug in stopped showing the time bar. She didn't know where she was in the show and when she tried to skip forward or back, the skip times were not displayed. Also the information button no longer produced any thing on the display except a large black box where info should be. At the time I checked other TV shows and files and everything I checked seem to be ok. I forgot about it until she mentioned it again so I proceed to try and trouble shoot the problem.

I checked that other plug ins worked and showed the progression bar and times (moving pictures-worked as expected) and I decided to uninstall the TVSeries plugin. I deleted the TV database and reinstalled TVSeries. After re-importing my TV shows (~ 10K files). Now it seems that NONE of my shows will show the time/progression bar correctly. I suspect it has something to do when the file is imported? I would guess that the plug in isn't getting the time data, but then the info display should work, but it does not. The Metadata is displayed correctly in the series/episode sections so I don't think that this is the problem.

When I use the native "Video" to play the file, the time/progression bar is displayed correctly and all is good.

I have attached my logs and think I have showed that it is related to the plugin TVSeries, but if there is something else that I should check, please let me know. I have also attached some photos so you can see what I am seeing.

Any help is much appreciated as I like this plug in and want to get it working. Thanks

-S

2013-08-07 23.06.15.jpg 2013-08-07 23.09.50.jpg 2013-08-07 23.10.06.jpg 2013-08-08 08.08.33.jpg 2013-08-08 08.08.36.jpg

Last edited:

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Follow up on this. I think that I might have found a bug. When I click on the third button from the right twice (once minimizes to the series menu then the second time brings it back in full ) (full screen mode maybe - see picture below), the time bar starts to work correctly. However when I restart my computer and start media portal again, the plugin starts to show the same behavior as before. Cycling through with the full screen button seems to clean the problem up both with the time bar and info bar.

Before cycling thorough the full screen mode. Note the highlighted full screen button.

2013-08-08 10.12.13.jpg

After cycling through the full screen mode.

2013-08-08 10.13.21.jpg

Is this s bug? Is this a config issue with my setup? Let me know if I can provide any other info to get this teased out. Thanks

-S

Last edited:

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    So I just restarted my rig, played live tv and the OSD behaved like I expect (showed time correctly, showed info, etc.) I then went to the TV Series plug in and started a show. No Time line and no info. Cycled through the full screen like before and the issue resolved. So I don't think it is related, but maybe I cannot see where they connect?

-S

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Hi Catavolt,

So I just now ran the test with your new vodeoOSD.xml. At first I put it here

\\HTPCWIN8\HTPC.Win8.OS\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide

I renamed the old file to VideoOSD.xml.old and restated MP. No difference. I then copied it and pasted it into

\\HTPCWIN8\HTPC.Win8.OS\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Default

Doing the same thing with the videoOSD.xml that was there already and restarted the computer. No difference.

Did I do the test correctly?

VideoOSD swap.JPG

-S

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    same problem here. because of that (and other things) i switched back to mp 1.3.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Hi Ctavolt,

One thing I also found out. My workaround didn't work with the new videoOSD.xml file so I reverted to the old one and now the work around works. Hope this helps you figure it out.

-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom