Time Bar in My-TVSERIES does not show any text (time, jump interval, etc.) (2 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Does Titan (and be sure to install Titan Extended), give you the same result?

I experienced some of those issues you had as well on DefaultWide, but then decided to give Titan a shot before going back to v1.3 and it worked awesome. I did switch to the BasicHome mode with all icons on single line, but that was a personal preference (it allows me quicker access).

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the tip RoChess. I want to stay away from other skins as they seem to cause me more problems than the default but since you seemed to have the same issues, I might try it. I have a few other plugins that I don't want to lose in a new skin (pandora, blast zone, etc.) so if my work around stops working, then I'll give titan a try. It does seem that the plugin is the source of the issue, but I'm sure it will get fixed in time and I have a work around now :)

-S

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks for the tip RoChess. I want to stay away from other skins as they seem to cause me more problems than the default but since you seemed to have the same issues, I might try it. I have a few other plugins that I don't want to lose in a new skin (pandora, blast zone, etc.) so if my work around stops working, then I'll give titan a try. It does seem that the plugin is the source of the issue, but I'm sure it will get fixed in time and I have a work around now :)

Keep in mind Titan is actually the 'new' default skin for MediaPortal, so every plugin will have included support (I stay away from other skins for the same reason, though some skins are updated so quick that you would never notice, StreamedMP for example has had an auto-skin update system for a long time)

Default = for 480p users
    DefaultWide = for 720p users
    Titan = for 1080p users

All the skins upscale/downscale to fit the resolution, but 1080p artwork looks better of course then 720p artwork upscaled.

Titan Extended just solves a lot of the issues with plugins, such as MovPic, MP-TVSeries and updates faster. It is a theme for Titan, so it still relies on Titan skin itself. I then actually went in and modified it to Titan+, unfortunatly I'm not an expert and ran into issues making a seperate theme, so I kinda modified both Titan skin and Titan Extended theme, but the results are available at: http://blixy.net/mp/Titan+/

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks again RoChess. I just tried Titan and it is nice except for the lack of support for Pandora. This is a must for me so maybe I'll just stick with default wide or check out StreamedMP. I was using this a while ago, but there are so many choices, it is a little overload for me. Maybe I can try it again and see if I can hang with the choices.

Thanks for the support.
    -S

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks again RoChess. I just tried Titan and it is nice except for the lack of support for Pandora. This is a must for me so maybe I'll just stick with default wide or check out StreamedMP. I was using this a while ago, but there are so many choices, it is a little overload for me. Maybe I can try it again and see if I can hang with the choices.

I raised issue with the two Pandora plugin developers as they lurk in the same MediaPortal IRC channels as me. In the meantime though, you can always copy the missing files from one skin to the other. But I noticed on page 30 of the Pandora forum thread that somebody else had created a Titan skin already. No clue if it works, but worth a try I guess.

Should not take them long I would think.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thank you for contacting the developers. I did see that skin for pandora and I think that I even tried it (on windows 7), but because titan was really new and I ran into other plug-ins that had similar issues, I fell back to the "default". I have to use IRSS and loved the blaster plugin, but as of v1.4 it no longer is compatible so maybe I'll go the way of titan in a little while (it does look really nice). I set up Streamed MP skin and this is working (however it looks so 1990-2000 so would love to have a more "modern" skin without the worry of compatibility and set up issues...e.g. I'm waiting for a stable titan pandora skin). Things are working now so I can be happy and hope the developers have a rush of inspiration to code and develop like they never had giving me a simple solution to the Pandora plug in. Wish Pandora was available for everyone on the internet not just North America.

Thanks again for the help. Glad I could help find a bug (maybe) with MP-TVSeries as I think this helps make it better.

-S

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i dont like streamed mp. i want to use default wide. any experiences with default wide and mp 1.5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom