timeshift buffer doesn't get cleared when a channel change occurs (1 Viewer)

josu

Portal Pro
March 14, 2006
Kassel, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Only the first client, who has at first selected the channel, kicked the other client !!! Not in the other direction !!

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, so I think it has to do with the "owner" thing which only comes in handy when theres more users than TV cards available.
    In a case where you are the owner (in control of the other person watching the same channel/transponder) but there are available cards and the "owner/master" wants to change then he should be assigned to the idle card leaving the "slave" on the first card (becoming owner/master of the card now).

In case theres no idle card left then ofc the slave will have to watch the new program the master chose.

(I thought it was working this way already though!)

Regards, Muldini

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    For test, TVE3 (2 analog cards) & 1. Client & a 2. Client on laptop (based on a situation i had previous today & retested now)

Situation it's when user_1 on client_1 watching channel_A, then user_2 starts MP on client_2 & zap around & end up on channel_A too, then user_1 select to stop watching TV & do something else & the results is that client_2 stops too & "MP freeze(in latest test)".

This seems like a bug & will be tested further with fresh system/logs/user/mind tomorrow ;)

Regards
    Roy

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, pretty sure we brought it down to that point now.
    Think its a smallish change in code to just check if theres a idle card left so if the owner switches channel it has no consequences for anyone left on the already used card since he can just go to use the idle one.

But for sure frodo knows more about that :)

Regards, Muldini

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    For test, TVE3 (2 analog cards) & 1. Client & a 2. Client on laptop (based on a situation i had previous today & retested now)

Situation it's when user_1 on client_1 watching channel_A, then user_2 starts MP on client_2 & zap around & end up on channel_A too, then user_1 select to stop watching TV & do something else & the results is that client_2 stops too & "MP freeze(in latest test)".

This seems like a bug & will be tested further with fresh system/logs/user/mind tomorrow ;)

Regards
    Roy

Hallo Roy,
    this freezing I have, too. Just this moment I have rebooted my laptop.

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will look tomorrow with a fresh head.
    Sorry, frodo, for my misunderstandings. If you need some special logs, no problem tomorrow.

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Ok, so Frodo described this behavior for the TVEngine:

If you have a 2nd tvcard which is idle then:
    - user#1 is transferred to card#2 which then watches channel X
    - user#2 stays on card #1 watching channel A and becomes the owner of card #1

And it seems this is not happening to josu.

Can anyone with more than one TVCard confirm this, specially dual DVB?

Can't test it until next friday.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Setup:
    TVE3 (2 analog cards free & mapped to same channels) + Client_1 (HTPC) & Client_2 (laptop) all using revision 122995.

Test:
    Clinet_2 starts on Channel_1 & Client_1 starts on Channel_X & zaps to Channel_1, then user on Client_2 stop his TV viewing & TV on Client_1 stops too (Picture freeze).

All logs attached.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom