Timeshifting backwards only works after several tries (1 Viewer)

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I find that on clients, timeshifting very small amounts on live TV usually just ends up at the live point again. Small amounts is usually < 1 minute.

So Marcusb,

You see the same behaviour with short timeskips like some of us? Right now, I have to say it's the only major bug that really detracts from my MP experience. MP RC2 has been very stable for me otherwise.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    TV-Server Version: 1.0RC2 SVN19876
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0RC2 SVN19876

Up to SVN19876 now in multiseat setup. Same problem. A lot of the time if I try to timeshift the timebar just shows END and I can`t timeshift. If I wait a bit, the timebar will show my steps -15,-30,-1min,-3min,etc. I`m guessing maybe I`m catching MP as it just started a new timeshift file or something. -15 and -30sec never seem to work on first try. However, -1min and -3min works on first try usually. So Marcusb I have the same problem as you, can you please post your logs as well. As I mentioned previously, I cannot test an MP client installed on my tvserver as it is headless. Can someone else with the same problem please confirm, I suspect not many people have mentioned this problem because it probably only happens in multiseat but definitely only happens for less than -1min timeshifts.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    please retest with MPV/MPA to outrule that nvidia causes this bug.

i can definitly not confirm the issue on my system(s).

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    please retest with MPV/MPA to outrule that nvidia causes this bug.

i can definitly not confirm the issue on my system(s).

Tried mpv/mpa and ffdshow. All codecs show same behaviour. -15 or -30sec will not skip back until you keep trying it a few times. -1 and -3min works right away just like Marcusb pointed out.

PS. I just tried to do -15sec steps, and it took 4-5 tries, and when it worked, it was cumulative. ie. 5x15sec step back.

chrholm

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This is also happening for me in a multiseat setup with all codecs. Its quite frustrating, so getting this one fixed would be very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom