Tools and other software tinyMediaManager - The Media Manager for MediaPortal (Win/Mac/Linux) (3 Viewers)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sometimes i've some bonus inside the folder (bonus.mkv) or samples, which should not be part of the db. It would be great, if it will be possible to ignore these files for future scans. Maybe -> right mouseclick -> ignore this file on future scans!

Myron

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok. Whats the reason for not having them in DB!?
    Our intention was to show (nearly) everything, since it can/will be correctly cleaned/renamed for MP and others..

VIDEO_EXTRAS (as we call them) will be detected, if they are correctly named (at least, having the word/folder "extras" in it)
    We use the syntax from here: https://github.com/brentosmith/xbmc-dvdextras
    So they're not detected as MainMovies :)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've tried it with "Lawrence of Arabia"! I've renamed the folder with "VIDEO_EXTRAS" to Extras but it doesn't seem to work. "VIDEO_EXTRAS" are parsed as "Lawrence of Arabia" o_O! Logs and Screenhots are attached.

Attachments

• Bild_001.jpg
      Bild_001.jpg
      244.7 KB

Myron

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    uh-oh, you were right.
    It seems to be a regression of another feature. Damn.
    Thanks for testing! :)

Edit: ok, you have BD folder as extras.
    This does not work like that. :p
    It's just designed as simple "Extras" folder... (XBMC even doesnt know of this)
    (we detect this as own movie, b/c we scan in unlimited directory deep for movies)

Will think about a solution; maybe as you said - to configure some global ignored folders...

Last edited:

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Me again :), now with TV-Shows. I have noticed double matching with some TV-Shows (same IMDB & THTVDB number). Maybe the reason is, that the episodes are stored on different HD's, but i think, the shows shoud be parsed as one show. In screenshot you'll see the issue with "American Horror Story" and "Borgia", but there are some more. Screenshot and log are attached!

Big Thannks again.

Attachments

• Bild_005.jpg
      Bild_005.jpg
      217.7 KB

Myron

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes, this is also not designed to work this way.
    You cannot split TV shows across multiple datasources.... i'm sorry.

The reason is quite simple - if we just have the plain video files, we have no change to match them together, to another directory (we cannot rely that the directory names are correct)
    TV show parsing with all their Season/EP logic is already a pain in the a***, if we have them on different filesystems this will lead to more problems...
    Therefor, a TV show NEEDS to be the first folder of the TV datasource (with unlimited subfolders depth for the episode files, in all weird variants)

Movies will be detected recursively...

hth

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    01.11.2013 - version 2.4.6
    feature: new TV show renamer option: 01x01 format
    feature: added a tag for optional tokens {}
    fix: added -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true to solve possible networking problems
    fix: regression when choosing of local files
    fix: reworked actor images (better import performance, jpg/png instead of tbn)
    fix: removed http://www.imdb.de (isn't working anymore - http://www.imdb.com is taken all the time, including a force to the preferred scraping language)
    fix: some graphical changes to the moviechooser

hint for the optional replacement:
    {} = optional replacement
    eg: {Year $Y} -> "Year 2013" if $Y is not empty
    if $Y is empty (or no $x replacement inside) the complete tag is empty

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV show parsing with all their Season/EP logic is already a pain in the a***, if we have them on different filesystems this will lead to more problems...

I hope these problems will be solved in one of the upcoming releases!;)

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    maybe a stupid question, but what is the idea behind storing episodes from one TV show on different volumes?
    In tmm we follow a "strict" rule for TV shows: every episode of this show has to be (somewhere) within the root of this TV show. So we are able to parse, tag (NFO) and rename them. If you have several episodes on several volumes - how should we rename them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom