Titan - Extended (1 Viewer)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I preffer to include stable files to Titan Extended, and to be shure everyone is using always the latest version of skinfiles for Titan, include them also to the installer of browsetheweb..

It's not clear now wich files are been developed by the team, and wich skinfiles need to be done by the plugin developers.. By example; movingpictures is done by the team.. Don't know how they think about browsetheweb.. For some plugins, the team will also update Titan skinfiles after a plugin update. But for browsetheweb I think that only the plugindeveloper and/or comunity is responsible for the right skinfiles, also after a plugin-update.

So there need to come a clear policy about this.. :)
    Good point. If skin files was done by skin they should included in Titan Extended. If skinnig is done by community it could be shipped with plugin/

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    G'day
    Attached is my first attempt at a 15 row TV guide. It also contains a fix/alternate for the video overlay.
    Included is the skinsettings.gui.xml file so you can change to the guide of your choice. Works with Default and Christmas theme.
    Remember to backup any new files.

I also made a couple of small changes to the visibility of the overall skin. I found the TitanLight fonts to be a little hard to read on my 42 inch TV, so I changed them all to <bold>yes</bold> in font.xml
    Included in visibility.zip is references.xml with watched and unwatched colours swapped.
    Hope you like.

Regards

Was I the person who said that a 15 row option would not been possible with keeping the nice look and feel of Titan?? Aaaaaaargh, stuppid me!!! It's looking awesome!!! Thanks :)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I preffer to include stable files to Titan Extended, and to be shure everyone is using always the latest version of skinfiles for Titan, include them also to the installer of browsetheweb..

It's not clear now wich files are been developed by the team, and wich skinfiles need to be done by the plugin developers.. By example; movingpictures is done by the team.. Don't know how they think about browsetheweb.. For some plugins, the team will also update Titan skinfiles after a plugin update. But for browsetheweb I think that only the plugindeveloper and/or comunity is responsible for the right skinfiles, also after a plugin-update.

So there need to come a clear policy about this.. :)
    Good point. If skin files was done by skin they should included in Titan Extended. If skinnig is done by community it could be shipped with plugin/

Yep, and this is what seems to happen now.

My reluctance to include it as part of the skin is that I have chosen skins that have all died and when new plugins came out I was stuck as no further development of the skin was done. This happened to me with Maya, Mustayaluca, and now Avalon.

With the above said, I totally agree that the skin designers should have full control of how their skin should look and feel.

With the skins Default, Default Wide and Titan being base skins I can see that this shouldn't be an issue.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    True, but on the other hand, I think it's quite a challenge keeping 3 skins up to date with all plugins...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's why there is a Team behind these skin's, and with user participation, no skins die anyway ;)

As always we get out of something that we also contribute too, good will to everyone type of thing guys'n'girls :D

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I feel its up to the plugin developer to do the skin file, Once done it should be kept up to date by the skin developer. IMO who ever updates their product first.
    If the plugin changes the skin needs to be updated with all controls, so could be up to the plugin developer. But when the skin changes that should be up the skin developer. I don't really want a skin designed by a plugin developer nor do I want controls missing from the plugin if the skin designer skins the plugin.

I don't know the best way. think there should be some clear rules about it to be honest.

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Final version for SleepControl (for Basic home)

Attachments

• Sleepcontrol.jpg
      Sleepcontrol.jpg
      170.4 KB
    • SleepControl.zip
      251.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom