Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    No issues
    Can not confirm this... There are lots of issues (as expected at this early state of development) Few examples:
    There are lots of missing or wrong labels. the main menu highlights the item that previously had focus, not the recent one, in grid views most of the time there is no visible mark which item has focus so it's really hard to know where you are,... Those issue I've seen in 2 minutes but today I'm too lazy to write a detailed report. I will do this tomorrow...

There are already some really great things available. Especially the navigation inside the lists (grids) is on a level I thought it was impossible for MP2 at the recent development state. I hope I can adopt this somehow for my theme too...

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are lots of missing or wrong labels
    I saw only 2 labels, that seem not final
    the main menu highlights the item that previously had focus, not the recent one, in grid views most of the time there is no visible mark which item has focus so it's really hard to know where you are
    Can not confirm those. I went to all views and I can always see a clear focus frame in grid view. Also the main menu highlight is always correct. Do you mean the group menu? Perhaps you kept the autofocus deactivated. In the noted it says to keep it activated.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can not confirm this... There are lots of issues (as expected at this early state of development) Few examples:
    There are lots of missing or wrong labels. the main menu highlights the item that previously had focus, not the recent one, in grid views most of the time there is no visible mark which item has focus so it's really hard to know where you are,... Those issue I've seen in 2 minutes but today I'm too lazy to write a detailed report. I will do this tomorrow...

There are already some really great things available. Especially the navigation inside the lists (grids) is on a level I thought it was impossible for MP2 at the recent development state. I hope I can adopt this somehow for my theme too...
    Thanks for testing. I'll wait for your detailed report, because for some items I'm not 100% sure what you mean. I didn't realize any focus issues so far.
    But therefore we need testing, sometimes different configurations, hardsware etc. may cause something :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here a preview movie, which shows the navigation improvement. I could not record with 30 frames per second, so sometimes it seems not smooth. This is only a recorder issue.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could not record with 30 frames per second
    I recently needed to record my desktop and used this tool: https://obsproject.com/.

It's intended for any kind of streaming (i.e. game plays), but also simply supports local recording (which I did). Biggest advantage for me: it can use Intel QuickSync encoder, so you can record 1080p with high fps rate and no CPU usage :)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looking good, good work!
    Is it just the missing shadow resource that's causing issues with the Emulators plugin? @ge2301 do you mind creating the screens for Emulators and I'll post an updated version with the updated files included?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Perhaps you kept the autofocus deactivated.
    Of course I have it deactivated as this is something really annoying that I don't like, never liked... So I'm forced to use this what is not good.
    By the way, MP2 crashes when I want to change the Theme back to "normal"... No entries in Logs also my log level is set to "ALL" The client simply exits without any further notice.... Nevertheless I've attached the logs...

As promised here are some sample screenshots of issues I have...
    Here is "Browse Media": You can not see which item has focus and also some wrong labels:

Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Another wrong label, here in Videos. Here you can see what has focus even twice by border and fanart. By the way, this is not "Browse Media, it is "Videos", also it is labeled as "Browse Media"..
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Here (in Audio) you have problems to gain focus (at least with the remote) to the list again after you have opened the hidden menu.
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

Wrong labels when no menu tile has focus...
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg

and also no focus indication in "Pictures" (this is not "Browse Media, it is "Pictures", also it is labeled as "Browse Media"):
    Zwischenablage-5.jpg

In home there is a wrong/missing label too...
    Zwischenablage-6.jpg

and a "nice" screen if you disable the automatic selection in main menu:
    Zwischenablage-7.jpg

No issues
    Are you still sure there are no issues?

At @ge2301 ... This is the most advanced skin/theme for MP2 I've ever seen. Keep on with this great work. (y) I would love to learn from you/it...
    But forgive me, if I don't like the desigin. I never liked Titan at all. This only is a matter of taste.

Attachments

• Client.zip
      15.9 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looking good, good work!
    Is it just the missing shadow resource that's causing issues with the Emulators plugin? @ge2301 do you mind creating the screens for Emulators and I'll post an updated version with the updated files included?
    Yes, it's just the shadow resource that needs to adapted, because Titanium Extended is using still BV standard skin for Emulators.
    I'll also create TE specific skins for all plugins, so visually things are fitting well.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another wrong label, here in Videos. Here you can see what has focus even twice by border and fanart. By the way, this is not "Browse Media, it is "Videos", also it is labeled as "Browse Media"..
    This looks different here. I see the videos label as intended and also there should be only the MI description in the details area. I'll check, the download version once to be sure. Also the other items I'll check later.
    Unbenannt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom