Titanium Extended (7 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is "Browse Media": You can not see which item has focus and also some wrong labels:

zwischenablage-1-jpg.174008
    This one it true, can confirm it and will fix it. Seems I missed the "Container style" in mediastyles.xaml :whistle:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Of course I have it deactivated as this is something really annoying that I don't like, never liked... So I'm forced to use this what is not good.
    For the other BV themes it can be disturbing in the MI views. But here you just save a "ok" press and there is no risk to suddenly jump into another screen as the group menu is only visible in home screen. But perhaps a small indicator, when the focus is on the group menu is better, agree here.

By the way, MP2 crashes when I want to change the Theme back to "normal"... No entries in Logs also my log level is set to "ALL" The client simply exits without any further notice.... Nevertheless I've attached the logs...
    Tried this several times without a crash. Can you reproduce this or is it randomly? I love failures without entry to logs :D

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wrong labels when no menu tile has focus...
    zwischenablage-4-jpg.174011
    Can also not reproduce this one. I went through the groups and left many times the focus from any button. It always looks like this ... strange that it looks different for you ...
    Unbenannt.jpg

EDIT: I get it, when I open a menu! I think I know the reason and can fix it.
    Unbenannt.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Can you reproduce this or is it randomly?
    Sadly this is randomly and I'm not even sure it is related to the skin at all. But it happens exactly when I try to choose another Theme in settings... That's why I've mentioned it.

strange that it looks different for you
    Yea, really strange...Here this happens when you press "the green button" from somewhere deep inside the menu structure to go back to main with a single button press... So maybe it is related to the TrayLauncher somehow...

But here you just save a "ok" press
    Ok, but is it possible then to add a short delay before the menu changes and the fanart is loaded so one can "jump" over some menu entries without loading all menus in between... I have performance in mind, similar to the delay for loading fanart in MI views that gives a lot better performance especially on slow systems and/or with slow network connections...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, but is it possible then to add a short delay before the menu changes and the fanart is loaded so one can "jump" over some menu entries without loading all menus in between... I have performance in mind, similar to the delay for loading fanart in MI views that gives a lot better performance especially on slow systems and/or with slow network connections...
    That's a good idea. But this can only be added to the MenuModel, so it's #C :cry:
    @morpheus_xx I think it's just a very small change, but can we place a small delay, so fast scrolling in the GroupMenu with AutoSelect enabled does not load every screen. I think a delay of 0.2 to 0.3 seconds it enough in order to not make navigation too slow. In general it will also help to save system resources.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    Is there any chance to get the news from the news ticker into a list instep of showing up in a row by timer? Actually I'm not sure from where the news are coming as they are not from the news pages I have added in the news settings.
    I would like to add two things to the Home Screen as list items. News and currently running EPG programs.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    currently running EPG programs.
    About this idea: usually there are more than one channel group (i.e. I have one per provider which gives me good filtering), so the question is which group to show? The current one would be possible, but how about the current/next program of other groups?

And how to do the layout for > 100 channels, which is quite common?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    About this idea: usually there are more than one channel group (i.e. I have one per provider which gives me good filtering), so the question is which group to show? The current one would be possible, but how about the current/next program of other groups?
    And how to do the layout for > 100 channels, which is quite common?

From space point of view there shouldn't be more than 5 programs/channels, while only 3 are visible. Same for news, so everyting is also corresponding to the MI amount. Everything else would break the space and perhaps is also resource hungry.
    Latest 5 MI's are shown according to the dateadded property, for EPG there must be another criteria. I'm just thinking loudly now. When we knew how often a channel is selected, it could be selected according to this. I guess everybody has 3-5 channels, which are watched usually and if those are accessable from the home screen with the current running program infos, this could be interesting.
    Now to the dark side of this idea. How and if this can be implemented I do not know. I'm just sure, that with current backend we can not know the favourite channels of somebody, right?

Here a mock-up (with Win10 theme, as this is visually faster to do):
    Unbenannt.jpg

The left left side of the home screen in win10 theme is already impemented. I overworked it today with the style from TE.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom