ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    I started working on the plugin skins for TE.
    Resources in OnlineVideos skin, that are defined in TE theme can not be found.

Do you have an idea, how that can be?

[2016-02-12 13:33:41,771] [11459 ] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [ERROR] - ScreenManager: Error applying skin 'BlueVision', theme 'Titanium Extended'
    MediaPortal.Utilities.Exceptions.EnvironmentException: Error loading style resource 'C:\Users\...\Documents\Mediaportal 2\Work_new\MediaPortal\Bin\MP2-Client\bin\x86\Release\Plugins\OnlineVideos\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Titanium Extended\styles\OnlineVideosStyles.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlLoadException: XAML loader: Error parsing file 'C:\Users\...\Documents\Mediaportal 2\Work_new\MediaPortal\Bin\MP2-Client\bin\x86\Release\Plugins\OnlineVideos\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Titanium Extended\styles\OnlineVideosStyles.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlBindingException: Unable to set value 'OtherControls,Buttons,Colors,Consts,OnlineVideosConsts' on object 'MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.MpfElements.Resources.ResourceDictionary', property 'System.String DependsOnStyleResources' (Indices: '') ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht. ---> MediaPortal.Utilities.Exceptions.EnvironmentException: Error loading style resource 'C:\Users\...\Documents\Mediaportal 2\Work_new\MediaPortal\Bin\MP2-Client\bin\x86\Release\Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\themes\default\styles\OtherControls.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlLoadException: XAML loader: Error parsing file 'C:\Users\...\Documents\Mediaportal 2\Work_new\MediaPortal\Bin\MP2-Client\bin\x86\Release\Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\themes\default\styles\OtherControls.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlBindingException: Could not evaluate markup extension 'StaticResource ResourceKey=MEDIA_POSTER_WIDTH'
    bei MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.EvaluatableMarkupExtensionActivator.Activate()

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you have an idea, how that can be?
    My first idea is, that you have to place the styles inside the plugin that uses them. In this case they have to be under OnlineVideos\Skin

(Otherwise TE would not work on an installation without OV plugin)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My first idea is, that you have to place the styles inside the plugin that uses them. In this case they have to be under OnlineVideos\Skin
    With the Win10 Theme its working perfectly in the same way. Is it possible, that the rootcause is the fact, that TE is an individual plugin?
    From the logs it seems OV is looking in "\Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Titanium Extended". But because it's a seperate plugin data are in "\Plugins\Titanium Extended\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Titanium Extended". As a result, because nothing is found, MP2 is looking in BV default theme folder.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, another thing I remember: "MEDIA_POSTER_WIDTH" --> I think it is defined inside MediaConsts.xaml, you may add it to 'OtherControls,Buttons,Colors,Consts,OnlineVideosConsts'

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, another thing I remember: "MEDIA_POSTER_WIDTH" --> I think it is defined inside MediaConsts.xaml, you may add it to 'OtherControls,Buttons,Colors,Consts,OnlineVideosConsts'
    I have already tried, all resources I added were not found :(

This could be a cause, I will check this later today.
    Thanks a lot.
    I tried the same with other plugins and the problem is only with TE. Even, if I copy the "Default" skin of a plugin and rename it "Titanium Extended" it does not work.
    So it really seems to be related to the fact, that TE is based on BV, but as own plugin.

Generally I would anyway prefer, if TE could be a skin and not a theme as it has nothing in common with BV besides the GroupMenu.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Generally I would anyway prefer, if TE could be a skin and not a theme as it has nothing in common with BV besides the GroupMenu.
    I agree, this might be the better approach. Only thing we need to decide if we just copy the model to TE, or maybe we move it into a common project. 3rd option would be to link it inside project, so we don't have multiple files, but use the code in 2 projects.

I will think about this...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have already tried, all resources I added were not found
    \BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\themes\default\styles\OtherControls.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlBindingException: Could not evaluate markup extension 'StaticResource ResourceKey=MEDIA_POSTER_WIDTH'
    Did you put this here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...themes/default/styles/OtherControls.xaml#L11?
    The error could be inside bluevision main style: OtherControls uses a MediaConst, but didn't declare it as dependency

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom