Germany Germany

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Only thing we need to decide if we just copy the model to TE, or maybe we move it into a common project. 3rd option would be to link it inside project, so we don't have multiple files, but use the code in 2 projects.
    There is another thing we need to consider. For BV screens we decided the make the PlayerStatePanels only visible in the CurrentlyPlayingScreen, because in other screens they would cover information. In TE the PlayerStatePanels are always visible, as they do not cover anything. Furthermore the GroupMenu is only visible in HomeScreen, so the CurrentlyPlayingScreen can not be accessed easily as it is part of the GroupMenu. I'm thinking, if the same model makes sense ... just as addition for your consideration. If you try it, you understand what I mean.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Only an idea... Instead providing a group menu model for every skin wouldn't it be cool to have a custom menu structure as a skin independent plugin? So this plugin should allow to create a menu as the skinner and/or user like without the need to touch C# code at all. Something like the background manager plugin that also is skin independent.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Only an idea... Instead providing a group menu model for every skin wouldn't it be cool to have a custom menu structure as a skin independent plugin? So this plugin should allow to create a menu as the skinner and/or user like without the need to touch C# code at all. Something like the background manager plugin that also is skin independent.
    Would be nice of course as I'm a designer and it makes my life easier :D But it seems also not so easy to code something in this direction.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wait a moment, why do you copy default skin files, if there is already a folder for bluevision inside OV plugin? https://github.com/offbyoneBB/mp-on...P2/OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2/Skin/BlueVision?
    I copied this folder and renamed it to "Titanium Extended"
    upload_2016-2-12_17-41-1.png

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, I understand.

I just did the same inside the current "dev" branch. When I switched to TE theme, I got another exception:
    MediaPortal.Utilities.Exceptions.EnvironmentException: Error loading style resource 'D:\Coding\MP\MP2\MP2_git\MediaPortal-2\MediaPortal\Bin\MP2-Client\bin\x86\Release\Plugins\SlimTv.Client\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Titanium Extended\styles\SlimTvStyles.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlLoadException: XAML loader: Error parsing file 'D:\Coding\MP\MP2\MP2_git\MediaPortal-2\MediaPortal\Bin\MP2-Client\bin\x86\Release\Plugins\SlimTv.Client\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Titanium Extended\styles\SlimTvStyles.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlParserException: Duplicate key 'TVButton3Style' ---> System.ArgumentException: Ein Element mit dem gleichen Schlüssel wurde bereits hinzugefügt.

--> the two styles were indeed duplicated, probably caused by a merge conflict. --> fixed, pushed to dev

I removed them and could use TE theme properly.

OV2 plugin looks this way:
    upload_2016-2-12_16-51-44.png

upload_2016-2-12_16-48-1.png

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can I force-push the FEAT_BlueVision_All_V2 branch? I have included the powerstate model and rebased your pushed changes upon current dev.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom