Titanium Extended (1 Viewer)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Why isn't Titanium Extended its own skin? It's quite different from BV I don't understand why it's just a theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why isn't Titanium Extended its own skin? It's quite different from BV I don't understand why it's just a theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree with you here, I also planned it as an own skin. Problem is, that it uses the menu model from BlueVision and it can refer to it (only) as theme. The "only" needs to be clarified and if it's for example decided to replace the old titanium it would really make sense to make TE a skin.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As long as TE is using BlueVision binaries (BlueVision.dll) it is a Theme in my understanding, no matter how you name it.

IMHO it did not matter at all, if it is a "Theme" or a "Skin". Only the result is counting...

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's fine but what if storage is at a minimum? Why have two skins installed when your only using one. I'm using a wintel cx-w8 for a client and it only has 32gb. Works great but it's really hard to free up space all the time made worse by having extra stuff uff you don't need [emoji6]

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's fine but what if storage is at a minimum? Why have two skins installed when your only using one.
    Did not know how much parts from BV actually used in TE, but it will only be a very little amount of space you can preserve. This is not notable at all. And BV is the default MP2 skin so you need it nevertheless, even if it only is for troubleshooting purposes.

Edit:
    What you can do to save space is the removal of the "other" BV themes like Grey, Win10 or Default-Large. (But NOT! Default, as without Default the Skin is not working at all) This will save you about 10 Mbyte if you are lucky. Also even this is not an amount we have to talk about, not even "peanuts" compared to the "rest" of MP2...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx in the previous posts (though already some time ago) users are confused, that TE is a theme of BV and I'm sure that many standard users even don't find this theme.
    The reason is clear between us, TE refers to the BV menu model. Currently I'm heavily working on the MIA-rework implementation and overworks into the BV themes. There will be a new look and feel.
    However I want to have TE as it's own skin, it has besides menumodel nothing in common with BV.
    It's besides confusion, that people shifting from MP1 would like to see something familar and this is the popular TItanium design.

1) I just create it as own skin and we have the same MenuModel 2 times
    2) There is any possibility to make a skin dependent on another skin!?
    3) It was once discussed: To make the MenuModel not skin related, but addit to skinbase and everything can refer to it.

Which variant is most preferable? I guess you don't line (1) :), (2) is easiest, (3) means work for you, but most elegant I guess.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    AFAIk 2) is possible. If I remember right I've used this option as I first started to create a fanart skin that was based on Titanium but wasn't able to get it working. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/very-first-steps-in-skinning.125648/

And I have a point 4) in mind...
    make a general menu model plugin that a skinner can configure to fit the skin only with xaml/xml but without c# code changes... This would be the most work for now but once it is finished any skinner has much more possibilities without nagging a dev constantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom