Titanium Extended (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And I have some further comments for better skin code-style:
    • If you check for string Width="380", you will find 10 references. Please introduce a constant i.e. CoverWidth (or use an existing one for this).
    • Same for Height="520"
    • Same for Margin="27,-7,17,30"
    • Please include all files from folder in the TE project file
    • [2016-03-23 18:46:33,997] [854873 ] [DX Render] [WARN ] - Cannot open texture: FallbackFanart.png
    Once you do this, you will find that the different screens between your themes are suddenly much more similar and you could avoid many single changes and redundant files. As a general rule, whenever you type the same number for same purpose more than once, introduce a resource.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @ge2301 , IMO the minute hand seems to be a little bit to long.
    I know and I also don't like it yet :) I took the hands over from another skin. When trying to change the length "unexpected" things happened.
    Actually I need to do some calculations, as everything is done with "canvas" means offets related to top, bottom, right or left. It's not difficult, just I have to do it ;)

Ok, done
    XML:
                  <Rectangle x:Name="MinuteHand" Canvas.Top="28" Canvas.Left="153" RadiusX="2" RadiusY="2" Fill="{ThemeResource AnalogClockHandColor}" Width="4" Height="127">
                    <Rectangle.RenderTransform>
                      <RotateTransform CenterX="3" CenterY="127" Angle="{Binding Source={StaticResource TimeModel},Path=MinuteAngle}"/>
                    </Rectangle.RenderTransform>
                  </Rectangle>
    Height and CenterY need to have the same value. If I reduce the value by 20 Pixel, I need to add those to Canvas.Top to keep the hand rotating around the correct reference ;) Just in case somebody is interested
    upload_2016-3-23_20-17-51.png

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    [2016-03-23 18:46:33,997] [854873 ] [DX Render] [WARN ] - Cannot open texture: FallbackFanart.png
    I think this is a result of a copy paste of my DelayedImageSource example showing how to use a fallback source, you can remove all references to FallbackFanart.png @ge2301

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [2016-03-23 18:46:33,997] [854873 ] [DX Render] [WARN ] - Cannot open texture: FallbackFanart.png
    I think this is a result of a copy paste of my DelayedImageSource example showing how to use a fallback source, you can remove all references to FallbackFanart.png @ge2301
    Where is this entry? Morpheus_xx told me already before. I searched in complete project file and there is no search result for this entry.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Where is this entry? Morpheus_xx told me already before. I searched in complete project file and there is no search result for this entry.
    Source\UI\Skins\Titanium Extended\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Titanium Extended\backgrounds\default-background.xaml, line 60

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where is this entry?
    MediaPortal\Source\UI\Skins\Titanium Extended\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Titanium Extended\backgrounds\default-background.xaml(60): FallbackSource="FallbackFanart.png" />

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • If you check for string Width="380", you will find 10 references. Please introduce a constant i.e. CoverWidth (or use an existing one for this).
    • Same for Height="520"
    • Same for Margin="27,-7,17,30"
    I know, but clean-up is low prio at the moment. The references partly drive you crazy. For sizes it makes sense, but at other positions it's one of the reasons that people don't want to use xaml.
    Everywhere is a reference to a another place. If you change a parameter you need to check, if this is also used at other positions to avoid unexpected effects.
    Lists refer to a style in othercontrols.xaml, this style is referring to other datatemplate, datastringprovider, containerstyle at different positions. The container style is refering to a button style, the button style is referring to different control templates at different positions, they refer to color. xaml consts.xaml etc. to get the single values. I understand the background, but it makes it very complicated and I do not like it much. Most control styles are only used once, so "outsourcing" won't be really necessary. Anyway, thats my perception and I think the reason why I'm the only designer for mp2 :D

Please include all files from folder in the TE project file
    I know :whistle: I never work with project files, I open the single files individually.

Are you working at the same PC? :ROFLMAO: I found it now ... but with search function in project file still no result ...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I went into MP2 Client after installing the theme but the menus do not show this version by name.
    I can see where is it showing up in the Logs but am not sure what to pick
    Skin.jpg Theme.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom