Titanium Extended (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I went into MP2 Client after installing the theme but the menus do not show this version by name.
    I can see where is it showing up in the Logs but am not sure what to pick
    As this thread is in the BV forum, you need to select TE Theme after selecting BV Skin. It should appear there.

CatalystNZ

Portal Member
    July 26, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is there any way to disable menu sections which are not being used?

Such as the Audio section, or the Images section?

How about submenu's? Such as online videos?

I really only want to have three options, TV, TV Series and Movies :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes. You can edit an XML file where the menu structure for BlueVision (and for this also TE) is stored.
    On a "normal" MP2 Installation it can be found here: c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\MediaPortal.UiComponents.BlueVision.Settings.MenuSettings.xml

I really only want to have three options, TV, TV Series and Movies
    Maybe you think about this a bit more.... e.g if you remove the "Settings" Item you won't ever be able to set up MP2 again... "Browse media" also is something that can not be removed without heavy drawbacks. And the Top- Menu Group "Others" can not be removed at all, as it is necessary for "dynamical" content like the "Now playing" screens. If you nevertheless try to remove it, it will be automatically added again...

Such as online videos?
    Online Videos can be removed completely, if you want. You simply need to remove the Online Videos folder from the clients plugin folder. On next start, OV is gone...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And the Top- Menu Group "Others" can not be removed at all, as it is necessary for "dynamical" content like the "Now playing" screens.
    The first part is ok, but "Now playing" is independent from "Others" and created only if a media item is playing.

Lehmden explained all the basics. I created meanwhile also a manual explaining how to customize the GroupMenu and MenuTiles.
    Please refer to here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/manual.134080/#post-1180776

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    created only if a media item is playing.
    That's what I meant with:
    "dynamical"
    There are a few other "temporal" items and aside those every new plugin also will be listed in "others"...

In fact all that is removed from one of the groups will appear in "Others", so you can't get rid of them completely (excerpt for some plugins that can be un- installed), but you can "clean up" the main groups the way you like...

@ge2301
    There are a few further information for editing the XML. Maybe you can add them to your manual...

A) The maximum columnspan for a single item is 10 so you can not make items wider than this.

B) You can not add items of different column with in the same columns. E.G. if you have a 6x3 Item you can not place two
    3x3 items below this 6x3 item. You only can add another 6x3 item onto the columns or you can leave the space empty.

C) You can add every plugin you wish to any group you like. But you need the GUID for the corresponding workflow action. Most often they are the same as the name of the menu icon. But sometimes this did not work or there is no icon available. As example "Latest Media". This is no plugin and it appears on default BV menu only in "others". But you can place it everywhere you like, if you know the GUID of "Latest Media" workflow state (7D68C459-EE9B-4EAA-AE2C-C2C365139AEE). Same is for the "Toolbox" and others. Then you need the GUID of the workflow state. This you most likely can find in the logs.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I have updated the manual accordingly. I'll also all the content to the new Wiki hopinf it will be released soon.
    In wiki you can at least format things better, in forum it's not so easy.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the new Wiki hopinf it will be released soon.
    Yea, I hope so too...
    If you like, I have some more working GUID for you:
    AppLauncher: 873EB147-C998-4632-8F86-D5E24062BE2E
    A very important and nice plugin. Use it every day...

Playlists: 09EAE702-D9EC-4325-82D9-4843502C966B
    Shows the recent active playlist

Local Media: 17D2390E-5B05-4fbd-89F6-24D60CEB427F
    This will be shown instead of "Browse media" if the client is not connected to a server. So it's more about a matching image than about a menu position...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yea, I hope so too...
    If you like, I have some more working GUID for you:
    AppLauncher: 873EB147-C998-4632-8F86-D5E24062BE2E
    A very important and nice plugin. Use it every day...

Playlists: 09EAE702-D9EC-4325-82D9-4843502C966B
    Shows the recent active playlist

Local Media: 17D2390E-5B05-4fbd-89F6-24D60CEB427F
    This will be shown instead of "Browse media" if the client is not connected to a server. So it's more about a matching image than about a menu position...
    Yes, there are even more Guid's. In WMC MenuEditor all available Action-ID's with description are already listed and can be added to groups InGui :)
    The great thing is, that when installing a plugin for example, the new Action-Id automatically appears in MenuEditor.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had to hunt for the GUID manually as I've created my menu. Some of them were really hard to find. Good to know that this will be much more easy in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom