ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Without knowing from which channel
    This you can already see. If you're in recordings set the filter to "filter by channels". Then you get following view, which is not perfect, but a good start :)
    Unbenannt.jpg

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012
    Hi
    When you click on a channel in EPG, Fullscreen TV is started.
    If the focus is on the currently running program, the TV is started or switched to that channel,
    but if the focus is on the channel name, the single channel screen is shown.
    mrj

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If the focus is on the currently running program, the TV is started or switched to that channel,
    but if the focus is on the channel name, the single channel screen is shown.
    If the focus is on a running program, the details of this channel are shown in the same screen. On focus nothing is started ;)
    You mean selected I guess. But all screens with running TV I can not skin now, as I have to make my TV card work at first.
    Perhaps later tonight I have some time.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I looked there but the link in the download tab says "The requested attachment could not be found."
    Could you please try again, it should work now.

andy_p

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Without knowing from which channel
    This you can already see. If you're in recordings set the filter to "filter by channels". Then you get following view, which is not perfect, but a good start :)
    View attachment 174461

Would this feature be better known as 'group by' instead of 'filter by'? Filtering means reducing the visible set, and grouping (the old MP1 terminology) means forming sub-headings to categorise the grouped items. It took quite some time before I worked out that this is why I couldn't sort the recordings as I wanted. The ultimate solution is probably different settings for the grouping criteria, sorting of those group names, and sorting of files inside each group, but just changing the wording would save the confusion for now :)

I know this isn't really the right place to ask this, as it seems to apply to all skins. Is there somewhere better to raise it? If it's an english language problem, is there a language resource that could be changed to fix it everywhere?[DOUBLEPOST=1453048364][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I looked there but the link in the download tab says "The requested attachment could not be found."
    Could you please try again, it should work now.
    That's great; thanks.

I've been trying to use it with a mouse and the most pressing problem is there seems to be no way to navigate backwards except by pressing escape on the keyboard. Is there any way to implement this easily, or are you not really supporting mice currently?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom