Touch Screen users, look here! (1 Viewer)

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
@ PussyWagon - sorry for the mini thread hijack - I was going to start a new thread but there's not really that much to talk about yet. Your screenshots are looking great btw - I like the idea of having key buttons on every screen (I've gone for the same approach, but via the TopBar). Looking forward to seeing your skin released, it's always good to see what others come up with.

No problem at all, this is for the moment not the Official TouchIT thread. Just a thread that would give us more ideas and opinions from other users and also give them some updates. Feel free to use it just as much as you want to. :)

SirShagalot and Double:
Very kind of you, I will have your name in mind when my skin is ready for testing. But there is a long way to go... But Im still working on it, and makes process everyday. Still not that much process as I would like as is takes a huuuuge amount of time doing it. :)

Perhaps, if you are lucky I will release some kind of beta testing skin around christmas time.
Until then, please give opinions about my screenshots in top if anything seems hard to understand/navigate or if something is missing...

Maybe you will have some more screenshot news in the end of this week.

Best regards!

PS:
You guys who are using touch screens, are you in need of the top left menu to switch between screens? (using multishortcut plugin)
Or are you using clone view? I dont know if I will have this menu enabled as default?
Myself I using the menu in top left in MAIN to switch between touch screen and projection screen. In MUSIC menu there is a top left menu switching my receiver On/Off, and in MOVIES there is a top left menu switching my Projector On/Off using RS232 cables and the multishortcut plugin.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
any news on this skin ??
can't wait to test it out :D

Im really sorry for my slow work, there have been much around now because of christmas time and some other projects I'm working with. So I have not been working with this skin at all lately. There is still much to do with it, and because Im the only one working with it it takes a loooooot of time to get it processed. :)
BUT, I will be working with it further on... When christmas and new year has ended and everything is a little bit calmer.

So please be patience, it WILL be released!

Merry Christmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody!! :)

SirShagsalot

Portal Member
December 17, 2007
Planet Earth
Home Country
Yo,

Sorry, i was kind of burried for a while - attending a major tradeshow, traveling on business, moving house...

You guys who are using touch screens, are you in need of the top left menu to switch between screens? (using multishortcut plugin) Or are you using clone view?[/I]

I use Clone view / single view in all applications. My own AV unit has a remote for the screen (lazy cat, me, 'xept with [any] Ms Cat).

BTW, here for fun, an Audio only Music Juke Box based on a cheap touchscreen nettop, mediaportal, mediaslayer and asio music player plus some interresting hardware between PC and HiFi:

Music Server Computer transport - Hop On!

MusicMediaPlayer1.jpg

Sorry for the (semi) commercial content.

Greez SSAL

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello!
Is there a way to add volume +/- buttons to topbar?
/Marcus

BleazleWide V8.1 has these buttons plus a mute button in the TopBar so you could take a look at the code I've used if you haven't already worked out how to do it...

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Looks like this thread might have died? Anyway, I thought I'd post the following which I've just put up on another thread because it might be of interest to the touchscreen users amongst us:

...over the weekend I installed a demo version of Artrage (ArtRage Home) on my HT TouchSmart touchscreen (review is here if you haven't already seen it: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bleazle-311/hp-touchsmart-5-minute-review-82016/) and it's awesome! My kids (2 boys, 11 & 13) can literally "paint" on the screen using a real paintbrush, they love it :) The youngest is off school sick today and he's spent a fair bit of time working on a "painting" which hasn't resulted in any mess - you've gotta love that! :D So if you've got a touchscreen lying around I recommend having a play with Artrage.

Bleazle

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is still working on a touchscreen skin. I have an autistic child who loves to watch DVDs all the time. I was hoping to build a touchscreen setup that he could select the movies himself through large thumbnails. This would give me two results, one is to give him what he wants, the other is it will teach him how to make a selection.

I am more than happy to take a partially working skin that I can mod myself, but at the moment I can't find anything and would have to start from scratch, which I was hoping not to do.

:D

Fighter

Portal Member
    November 12, 2007
    Schleswig-Holstein
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Touch Screen users, look here!

Hello Beazle and Pussywagon !!!

Are your projects still alive?
    Or could maybe someone give me you code? Im searching for a ts-skin.

At the moment we´re working on a skin for the kitchen used by a touchscreen.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-skins-50/skinner-without-work-my-touchsceen-needs-skin-93717/

But yours looks better :)

Maybe I could help you with coding. I´m a beginner but I´m still lerning quick.
    the only one I ´ll never learn is english I think :oops:

I would be happy to hear from you.

Greetz Fighter :D

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Touch Screen users, look here!

Hey nice skin...

I use a ASUS eee Sate and your Skin is perfect for touchscreens.
    Give us any news ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom