Tracks sometimes not displayed properly in Music view (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2

Description
    Case 1: If the tracks in an album require more than 1 page to display, the 2nd page often displays only icons, without text (see log files from 8:36 and RoyOrbison images). This occurs in the DefaultWide skin, but not in PureVisionHD Horizon, so it appears to be a skin problem.
    Case 2: In the genres view, the track list is always empty (see log files from 8:59 and MusicGenres images). This also occurs in PureVision, so maybe this isn't a bug. Maybe I just managed to screw up the View, but I have triple-checked it without getting any smarter.

P.S. These issues were originally reported in "Feedback on 1.2 music changes".

Steps to Reproduce:
    Case 1 (does not occur with every album, but is reproducible with some specific ones):
    1. Drill down into Music Shares directories until an album folder with more than 12 tracks. (BTW this also works with Album Artist view, but is simpler to describe for Shares).
    2. Page Down to page 2, or scroll down to track 11.
    3. Display now shows only icons, no text.
    Case 2:
    1. Click on Genre; list of composite thumbnails by artist appears.
    2. Click on Artist; track list is empty, so where did the thumbnails come from?

Attachments

• RoyOrbison3.jpg
      RoyOrbison3.jpg
      79.7 KB
    • RoyOrbison4.jpg
      RoyOrbison4.jpg
      195.1 KB
    • RoyOrbison5.jpg
      RoyOrbison5.jpg
      88.3 KB
    • MusicGenres1.png
      MusicGenres1.png
      1,008 KB
    • MusicGenres2.png
      MusicGenres2.png
      879.1 KB
    • MusicGenres3.png
      MusicGenres3.png
      599.1 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have tried to replicate this but have been unable go.

Is there anything special about these albums? How is album art stored? How are they tagged? (might help if you can pm me a link to download one of these albums so I can replicate)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    If you are talking about case 1, I don't think there is anything special about the albums, as the problem shows up quite regularly with various albums and views. Attached to this post are a screenshot of an Songs/Tracks view with the same symptoms, as well as one of the tagging for the album whose screenshots are attached to my original post. The Genesis tracks are MP3 and M4A, the Roy Orbison tracks are WMA. Neither have embedded graphics, but both have a folder.jpg. Please remember that the evidence points to a skin problem here , as I can reproduce this problem in DefaultWide, but not in PureVisionHD Horizon.
    The problem in the Genres view (case 2) is universal. I intentionally left Albums out of the view hierarchy (with skip), but I have now deleted it completely and will report back if that makes a difference. I don't really see how the album properties can be relevant in this context.
    I'll try to set up a download for you, but it may take a while, since I am away on business the next 3 days.
    Thanks for your support!

P.S. After eliminating the (skipped) Albums level in the Genres View hierarchy, Genre titles now display normally, so you can strike Case 2 above from consideration, even though I find it odd that a skipped level could prevent anything from appearing.
    Case 1 (failure to display track text in several views, when multi-page) remains unchanged. As originally reported in the "Feedback" thread, sometimes I can see the text flicker briefly and then disappear again when scrolling through the list of titles (or rather the list of icons without titles). If there are enough pages (e.g. in a Songs view) I sometimes reach a page where everything looks fine again, but if I scroll further, the text disappears again.

Attachments

• musicNoNames.png
      musicNoNames.png
      947.3 KB
    • TheRoyOrbisonStory.png
      TheRoyOrbisonStory.png
      153.7 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In case 1 it looks like your graphics card gas run out of memory. I will have a look to see what is causing that.

For case 2, skipping should not cause these issues. Can you post a screenshot of the view definition you were using?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    To solve the disappearing text (case 1) while scrolling through your songlist could you test the attached fontengine.dll and see if its working.

Please backup your old fontengine.dll before replacing!

If you see any negative issue (crashes, videos/livetv begin to stutter etc..) with the attached fontengine.dll please report them! I see your video card is not the most powerful one so it would be nice to have this test.

Thank you!

Attachments

• fontEngine.zip
      50.1 KB

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    In case 1 it looks like your graphics card gas run out of memory. I will have a look to see what is causing that.

For case 2, skipping should not cause these issues. Can you post a screenshot of the view definition you were using?
    Attached are screenshots of working and non-working Genres view definitions.

Attachments

• GenresNotWorking.png
      GenresNotWorking.png
      25.3 KB
    • GenresWorking.png
      GenresWorking.png
      24 KB

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello!
    To solve the disappearing text (case 1) while scrolling through your songlist could you test the attached fontengine.dll and see if its working.

Please backup your old fontengine.dll before replacing!

If you see any negative issue (crashes, videos/livetv begin to stutter etc..) with the attached fontengine.dll please report them! I see your video card is not the most powerful one so it would be nice to have this test.

Thank you!
    New fontengine.dll seems to fix the problem. If any side effects show up, I'll post back here.
    Thanks muchly!

P.S. I plan to order a new MoBo w/on-board Intel HD3000 graphics this weekend, so if you need anything else tested with a weak graphics system, let me know soon ;-)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    Here is v2 of the fontengine because someone saw an error with the first one. I would recommend to use the attached fontengine.dll and please report back if the issue is still fixed or if you see any other problems.
    Thanks! =)

Attachments

• fontEnginev2.zip
      50.7 KB

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Holzi,
    Looking good!
    Too bad it didn't make it into MP 1.2.3.
    Thanks a bunch!

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    No bad side effects noted yet. Mark this thread solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom