Tracks sometimes not displayed properly in Music view (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    For case 2, skipping should not cause these issues. Can you post a screenshot of the view definition you were using?
    Maybe I spoke too soon about closing the thread. Once again I have an empty display, this time for albums. Coincidentally, there is also a skip in the view definition. Attached are screenshots of MP and of the view definition.
    Probably unrelated, I also have some odd duplications in music views. Attached is a screenshot example, where "J" appears twice. Drilling down from each of the "J"s leads to the same list.
    Let me know if I should start a new thread for this.

P.S. Unlike the previous case, the empty albums list was not resolved by deleting the skipped level from the view definition.

Attachments

• MusicVIewAlbumsWithSkip.png
      MusicVIewAlbumsWithSkip.png
      25.3 KB
    • EmptyAlbumList.jpg
      EmptyAlbumList.jpg
      57.3 KB
    • DuplicateMusicViewHeadings.jpg
      DuplicateMusicViewHeadings.jpg
      83 KB
    Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you change the restriction to 1 instead of 3 and see if you get the same issues?
    I am really struggling to replicate this

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The symptoms remain unchanged with grouping by 1 letter instead of 3. Since you report difficulty reproducing this, I reproduced it in a debug session in hopes of shedding more light on it. Logs are attached. Thanks for your support!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Can you upload your music database somewhere and PM me a link?

I think this is because you have no album artist set and MP does not cope with this very well (but I would like to see your database so I can confirm exactly what is happening)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Looking at the DB with SQLite Browser I see a lot of audio books with "| | " in both the strArtist and the strAlbumArtist fields, which seems to be the NULL placeholder in the DB. However, these books have been in my shared directories for a long time without causing problems. Since I rarely use the "Albums" view, I can't be sure, but ISTR having a correct Albums display as recently as MP 1.1. Why would this only cause problems in the Albums view, and not in the Songs view (which, BTW, I would prefer to see called Tracks, as the example with audio books illustrates)?
    Again, many thanks for your support!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Can you try the attached (rename the existing file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows first and replace with this one)

Attachments

• WindowPlugins.zip
      408.9 KB

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Sorry, I only just got around to it. Have been too busy with work to devote any time to MP :-(
    Unfortunately, I don't see any change with the new DLL.
    I will upload my DB and send you a PM.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    For case 2, skipping should not cause these issues. Can you post a screenshot of the view definition you were using?
    Maybe I spoke too soon about closing the thread. Once again I have an empty display, this time for albums. Coincidentally, there is also a skip in the view definition. Attached are screenshots of MP and of the view definition.
    Probably unrelated, I also have some odd duplications in music views. Attached is a screenshot example, where "J" appears twice. Drilling down from each of the "J"s leads to the same list.
    Let me know if I should start a new thread for this.

P.S. Unlike the previous case, the empty albums list was not resolved by deleting the skipped level from the view definition.
    OK got slightly confused as the screenshots are for different views and you have not the one you have posted :eek:

The two J's looks a fairly uncommon issue in that you have an artist called "J" and one called "J White" so we are getting "J" and "J " back from the database but it seems this then gets trimmed somewhere. I will look at this but it is only an issue if you have an artist where the total length is less than the restriction in the view.

What I am confused about is the failed drill down though. In the logs I can see
    Code:
    2012-05-06 13:32:54.921875 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: MusicDatabase: GetSongsByFilter - SQL: select distinct * from tracks where  (strAlbum like 'JAC%' or 'JAC%') and strAlbumArtist like '%| unknown |%' group by strAlbum, strAlbumArtist   order by strAlbum asc, Filter: album
    But if I use your album view as posted here and select the JAC entry then this works fine (I get an album called Jackpot).

Can you explain the exact steps to replicate the issue you are seeing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom