Trakt Advanced Settings in GUI not saved. (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    chrisonline, attach debug logs after watching a movie. Make sure it's debug and all I should need is the traktplugin.log but good to attach all via the debug option in mediaportal.

Im not really sure what you're saying. You're not suppose to enable in MovingPictures, if you enable it in MovingPictures it will disable the Trakt one internally. If you enable (toggle) the trakt option in the GUI it will automagically disable the MovingPictures rate dialog as you have explicitly chosen Trakt.

All you need to do is ensure its enabled in Trakt (toggle in GUI to be sure) and ensure you're setup correctly for Trakt e.g. enabled the plugin handlers and have signed up.

Also check your Trakt website settings and enable your choice of Ratings Type ie. Love/Hate or 10-Heart mode. I know Titan supports 10-Hearts, not sure about Love/Hate so that could be your problem as well.

Last edited:

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK sorry for the confusion :)

Now in detail.

This is how the Trakt plugin looks in the "Configuration" programm:
    trakt.png

You see both are enabled "Moving Pictures" and "MP-TVSeries".

And this is how it looks like in the GUI setting:
    setting.png

You see the "Moving Pictures" and " MP-TVSeries" are not checked.
    If I check it, the next time MP starts it is unchecked in the GUI.

If I hit "Diese Episode bewerten" (means rating) nothing happens:
    voting.png

And this is the setting in the Trakt Account website:
    rating.png

I will try to send you a debug log later.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You see the "Moving Pictures" and " MP-TVSeries" are not checked.
    If I check it, the next time MP starts it is unchecked in the GUI.
    Thanks for the screenshots, there is something definitely wrong there as both the plugins should be enabled in GUI as well. I can't reproduce what you're seeing.

Will await logs, also attach your mediaportal.xml located in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. This hold the settings for the plugin, so will be curious to take a peak.

Last edited:

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes very strange.
    I will try to remove both plugins (Moving Pictures and Trakt) and try to reinstall it.

If the error still occurs I will send you the debug logs.

Thanks for your help so far.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just noticed you are using a pretty old plugin version which might not even be compatible with your current skin/mediaportal! :) The version in your screenshot is v2.7, latest is 2.9.

Update should hopefully fix it.

Last edited:

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK thanks. I check the updates via the MPE and I didn't see an update.
    Will update this manually. Thanks!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm having the same problems.. Settings are not saved! I included logs:

1. First I go to movingPictures and try to rate a movie, but no dialog appears.
    2. I'm going to Trakt advanced settings and change the 2 rating option from 'No' to 'Yes' and I go back.
    3. When I enter the same section again, the option are set to 'No' again.

What is going on here? I'm using MP 1.4.0, latest skinfiles and latest plugin version..

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    1. First I go to movingPictures and try to rate a movie, but no dialog appears.
    It's not going to work because you're manually selecting rate from the MovingPictures context menu, this will invoke the MovPics internal rate dialog which is not yet compatible with MediaPortal 1.4. The trakt rate settings are for controlling the invoke of the rate dialog automatically after watching a video.

If you want to invoke the Trakt rate dialog manually, you can do it from MovingPictures Details view by using the Trakt button and then selecting Rate.

2. I'm going to Trakt advanced settings and change the 2 rating option from 'No' to 'Yes' and I go back.
    Can you try setting option to yes then restart MediaPortal before re-entering advanced setting to confirm that they have been updated.

These settings are also available from the General Settings in Trakt GUI, so try repeat test there, these settings don't depend on the Extensions plugin to be installed so you can rule out anything to do with that.I will take a look tonight to see if I can reproduce as that could be a bug in either Extensions, Trakt or Titan. Advanced Settings a little trickier to handle due to the reliance on the Extensions plugin.

I can see from your MediaPortal.xml file that the setting for Rate is off so im curious why the setting is not saving for you. My guess is that you're re-entering AdvanceSettings after changing option (might be a bug there), so use the General Settings instead.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can confirm that on my PC the settings don't stick under
    Trakt -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Show Rate Dialog.
    Also Sync Ratings setting isn't sticking either

Have tried
    1. Change Setting -> Home -> Settings -> Not saved.
    2. Change Settings -> Home -> Edit -> Restart -> Not saved.

Of interest:
    When loading extensions plugin in MP it doesn't list trakt (+ some other plugins) there. And when you load advanced settings in trakt, it appears that it uses extensions plugin to make those settings?

However:

I still get rate dialog box in tvseries after watching an episode. The rating does sync with trakt (appears on their website), despite tvseries having rating dialog disabled and tvseries does not have my trakt details. This tells me that trakt is still syncing + showing rating dialog box, even though the settings show that both are disabled.

Post Edited: @ltfearme

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks, I suspect there is a bug with how the extensions plugin saves settings. I would be surprised if they dont stick/persist if you close media-portal before re-entering? I have been known to change an advanced setting here and there but I dont believe I have re-entered after changing them.

For now, just ensure you change the settings from the native Trakt plugin. Please let me know if it still doesn't work.

I will take a look at why the extensions plugin does not persist the settings there but it makes sense that if one doesn't save then all dont save.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom