Trakt Advanced Settings in GUI not saved. (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had tried updating extensions plugin (using MPEI as well as reinstalling), but i still only had 4-5 plugins under extensions plugin in the gui. Then I tried to update all via the extensions plugin within the GUI (as opposed to using MPEI to update) and that fixed extensions plugin and I got all my other plugins listed again under extensions in the gui. However even after this change with extensions plugin behaving correctly I still can not save advanced settings in trakt.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It sounds like the extensions plugin has screwed up the settings cache maybe. So you're saying it doesn't even work if you set it once, then restart mediaportal?

Either way, attach some logs and I will take look tonight. Last I checked it worked for me. Also do me a favour and test using DefaultWide just incase there is a skinning error causing this (don't think there is, only thing I noticed was a missing control but dont think its mandatory).

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Not sure if related but MP Settings class has several issues since it is not properly implemented singleton. If used incorrectly I suspect it could raise issues like this.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Debug Mode - Default Wide

Load MP
    Go into trakt
    Change settings
    ?Goto home menu
    Exit

Attachments

• traktbroken.png
      traktbroken.png
      506.2 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks kiwijunglist.

I can't see why the extension settings is showing those disabled, having a look at your mediaportal.xml they are enabled:
    Code:
    	<entry name="SyncRatings">yes</entry>
    	<entry name="ShowRateDialogOnWatched">yes</entry>

Will test tonight when im home.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    They behave like they are enabled as well. I think it's just the GUI that is wrong. I get rating dialog at end of movie and the ratings are getting uploaded to trakt.

The interim solution for people with this problem might be manually editing the xml to change the settings.

I haven't checked whether turning the setting off changes the xml, but as far as what the GUI displays, they are stuck and don't change.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thankfully those settings are also available in the Trakt Settings GUI so they shouldn't need to edit the XML manually. But will get to the bottom of this, it definitely hasn't always been a problem otherwise would of noticed it by now.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Okay, I tried this on Titan and DefaultWide and can reproduce your AdvanceSettings issue ie. its not setting the correct values.

I then tested with what I normally use StreamedMP and it works, so there is something wrong with the skin file(s) for those skins. My fault probably when packaging the Extensions plugin, will take a closer look soon and fix bug in Default skins and re-package extensions plugin installer.

I will also make a change to the Titan skin file as well or fix whatever in the extensions plugin that makes it incompatible for those skins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom