Trakt error: Invalid or missing file (1 Viewer)

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    When I start the Trakt-plugin from the plugin menu I get a black screen and the error "Invalid or missing file:". Yep, that's the whole error! Trakt plugin itself works perfectly in the background. It syncs my progress and lets me rate movies and tv-episodes after I've watched them. It's just that I can't launch the plugin itself inside Mediaportal.

I'm running:
    Mediaportal 1.22
    Trakt 6.0.2.0
    Titan skin with Titan Extended 1.7.0.344​

I have tried reinstalling Mediaportal, Trakt-plugin and Titan Extended skin. The problem still persists. However I did not do a fresh install resetting settings because I hope there is a solution to this.

When I check traktplugin.log I find this error in it:
    2019-12-22 20:43:01.086 [DEBG] [DashShows][18]: Unable to find facade control [id:98301], check that trakt skin settings are correctly defined!
    2019-12-22 20:43:03.605 [DEBG] [DashMovies][37]: Unable to find facade control [id:98302], check that trakt skin settings are correctly defined!
    2019-12-22 20:43:11.342 [DEBG] [DashShows][10]: Unable to find facade control [id:98301], check that trakt skin settings are correctly defined!
    2019-12-22 20:43:13.860 [DEBG] [DashMovies][18]: Unable to find facade control [id:98302], check that trakt skin settings are correctly defined!
    2019-12-22 20:43:16.379 [DEBG] [DashActivity][29]: Unable to find facade control [id:98300], check that trakt skin settings are correctly defined!

I don't know what to do about this?

Mediaportal-error.log:
    [2019-12-22 20:42:58,331] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Error initializing window:TraktPlugin.TraktPlugin Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source System.Core at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    at TraktPlugin.Cache.TmdbCache.Init() in C:\Development\Trakt-for-Mediaportal\TraktPlugin\Cache\TmdbCache.cs:line 36
    at TraktPlugin.TraktPlugin.Init() in C:\Development\Trakt-for-Mediaportal\TraktPlugin\TraktPlugin.cs:line 105
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
    [2019-12-22 20:43:29,403] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TraktPlugin.Cache.TmdbCache.DeInit() in C:\Development\Trakt-for-Mediaportal\TraktPlugin\Cache\TmdbCache.cs:line 59
    at TraktPlugin.TraktPlugin.DeInit() in C:\Development\Trakt-for-Mediaportal\TraktPlugin\TraktPlugin.cs:line 160
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.<>c.<Clear>b__73_0(GUIWindow window)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.LockAndDoOnAllRegisteredWindows(Action`1 toDo)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.Clear()
    at MediaPortalApp.OnExit()
    at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args) Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Site : Void DeInit() Source : TraktPlugin Stack Trace: at TraktPlugin.Cache.TmdbCache.DeInit() in C:\Development\Trakt-for-Mediaportal\TraktPlugin\Cache\TmdbCache.cs:line 59
    at TraktPlugin.TraktPlugin.DeInit() in C:\Development\Trakt-for-Mediaportal\TraktPlugin\TraktPlugin.cs:line 160
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.<>c.<Clear>b__73_0(GUIWindow window)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.LockAndDoOnAllRegisteredWindows(Action`1 toDo)
    at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)
    [2019-12-22 20:43:29,403] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - MediaPortal stopped due to an exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object. TraktPlugin at TraktPlugin.Cache.TmdbCache.DeInit() in C:\Development\Trakt-for-Mediaportal\TraktPlugin\Cache\TmdbCache.cs:line 59
    at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)

I hope someone can help me to fix this!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you attach your logs MediaPortal.log, TraktPlugin.log and MediaPortal-Error.log after reproducing the issue.

Please also attach your settings files MediaPortal.xml and zip up the contents of this folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Trakt.

We'll go from there.

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Here are the files attached! Logs are created with Log verbosity: Debug set and whilst reproducing the error.

Thank you for the help!

Attachments

• logs and files.rar
      26.5 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @thepahakurki, it looks like your files in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Trakt\TmdbCache are corrupt.

Can you delete these files and try again.

I have made a change to the plugin to detect NUL characters in these files so it does not happen again.

Regarding your Titan Extended skin, it is not a good idea to install Extended on top of a newer install of MediaPortal as the skin is deprecated as @ajs said. I can't guarantee any further issues with skin due to that. If you are using a newer version of MediaPortal I suggest sticking to the default Ttian skin or search for another one.

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thank you! Deleting files in TmdbCache folder fixed it!

I didn't realize Titan Extended is deprecated. It's a shame because I love the Titan skin but without the extended version there's no way to customize it. Guess I'll have to look for new skins then!

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I use titan with Ares like BasicHome ... No problem with customize and work fine for me :)

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom