trakt & follw.it (1 Viewer)

dirtdog900

Portal Member
November 20, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

When scroblling the 'now watching' data to trakt and the follw.it sites, everything appears to work correctly apart from DVD ISO files, they show up on the follw.it site but not on trakt, any ideas why that may happen?

MediaPortal 1.2.1
MovingPictures 1.2.3

Thanks.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi dirtdog900, if you can provide debug log files of you watching a DVD Iso it will help track down why it didnt work. Trakt will try to match the filename your playing in your library...maybe might need some extra special handling for iso's.

fyi...this can probably be moved to the trakt sub-forum.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can see why, when we receive the play event the filename is called 'E:\video_ts\video_ts.ifo'. MovingPictures does not store that as the filename in it's database, only the name of the ISO.

Unfortunately MovingPictures does not have a play event we can hook into to determine what movie is playing, there might also be something smarter we can do but atleast I know what the problem is.

dirtdog900

Portal Member
    November 20, 2011
    Home Country
    The iso gets mounted on a local disk, (rather than inserted into the drive), if that makes any difference.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    One thing I could try is if the filename is structured like above we could hook into some other API which gives us the name of the ISO. Then we could match that as being in your plugin library.

Anyway, will do a bit of research...im sure we can find a way ;)

dirtdog900

Portal Member
    November 20, 2011
    Home Country
    That would be cool, obviously it's not a massive problem! follw.it does show the iso being watched perfectly, but don't know if that can be used to help trakt at all?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    follw.it is integrated into movingpictures so it knows the movie...trakt is external so needs to rely on the API of the plugins to work it out ;) Unfortunately im not aware of any API in MovingPictures that will give those details but will take another look and ask fforde.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    dirtdog900, I spoke to fforde and he will add an event or something similar which will return the needed info on playback start.

In the meantime I have added a workaround in the case a DVD/BluRay is detected, I will give you a pm so you can test.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom