TsBufferExtractor plugin for TvServer (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    v0.5.0.0: ask the user to save the buffer (the timeout of the dialog is 10 sec)

WildcardNZ

May 5, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there, this plugin is brilliant thank you for your efforts! I use Mediaportal as the back end and drive it from Kodi/XBMC. This means unfortunately there is no popup to ask me to save the time shift buffer inside Kodi. So is it possible for the plugin to always record the timeshift buffer for a manual recording without the user having to click 'save' because obviously no save box pops up inside Kodi. Thank you.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi there, this plugin is brilliant thank you for your efforts! I use Mediaportal as the back end and drive it from Kodi/XBMC. This means unfortunately there is no popup to ask me to save the time shift buffer inside Kodi. So is it possible for the plugin to always record the timeshift buffer for a manual recording without the user having to click 'save' because obviously no save box pops up inside Kodi. Thank you.

Try the TsBufferExtractor_v0.4.1.mpe1

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Should this plugin still work with 1.12? If so I need to do some structured testing because it doesn't seem to do anything here.

//W

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes, it should. Please send me the logs to check the issue.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, I cleared the logs and restarted MP as well as TVE. I then tuned a channel, waited for a new show to begin, waited a while longer, started a manual recording, waited yet a while and then stopped it.

//W

Attachments

• TV-Server_25_07_15__23_47..zip
      21.7 KB

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    OK, I cleared the logs and restarted MP as well as TVE. I then tuned a channel, waited for a new show to begin, waited a while longer, started a manual recording, waited yet a while and then stopped it.

//W

Please enable the TsBufferExtractorClient plugin on the client. ;)

TsBufferExtractorClient.PNG

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Please enable the TsBufferExtractorClient plugin on the client. ;)

:whistle: OK, that indeed made a difference...

I've squeezed in some testing. First, I started timeshifting, waited for a while and the pressed record. I received a confirmation request...

11-22-09.png

...but before I had the time (yeah, I was really slow) to press 'yes' this requester was replaced by a recording notification

11-22-16.png (note the times)

and then a second notification

11-22-23.png (again, note the times).

In this case the buffer wasn't saved (not completely unexpected since I didn't actually confirm, but not ideal). I didn't get the logs here since the kids demanded attention...

During lunch I did a second test run (logs attached). Again I started timeshifting before a show started, waited a few minutes, started recording and acknowledged the confirmation request. This time the buffer was saved, and if I remember correctly only on recording notification was shown, but it /seems/ as it was saved from start rather than from the program's beginning which I expected

2015-07-26 12_52_36-Remote Desktop Manager [TV].png

For some reason the buffer recording is shown with length 0 in MP

12-20-02.png

but not in explorer

2015-07-26 12_51_44-Remote Desktop Manager [TV].png

Also, personally I would have preferred if the buffer recording didn't have 'from buffer' in the title preventing it from being showed in a 'folder' with the main recording.

//W

Attachments

• tv-server_26_07_15__12_15.zip
      11.8 KB

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I've squeezed in some testing. First, I started timeshifting, waited for a while and the pressed record. I received a confirmation request...

Your setting is to save buffer from beginning of the show if available. If not, it saves buffer from the last channel change. According to your logs the timeshifting was not started when the show stated (minus your pre-record time) so the buffer was saved from last channel changing.

In this case the buffer wasn't saved (not completely unexpected since I didn't actually confirm, but not ideal).

It is ok because it is the design.

Again I started timeshifting before a show started

Yes, but not from the start time - pre-record time.

For some reason the buffer recording is shown with length 0 in MP

I is a bug. I need to check it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom