TsWriter.ax testing - urgent help needed from all TV users (1 Viewer)

This is working fine with

• Analog

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

The attached TsWriter.ax contains fixes for two important issues.

- 0003782: [TsWriter] PID PMT descriptor size too large for TsWriter (sebastiii) - assigned.
    - 0003717: [My TV / TVGuide] EPG grabbing from DVB stream does not work for Freeview HD (UK) channels (djblu) - merge pending.

These issues need testing, particularly by users with analog, cable and satellite TV.

In order to test, extract the file and replace the existing file in your TV Server folder in programs.

Edit: it might be necessary to stop the TV service before replacing the file, and ideally you should use the command line to unregister the existing filter (regsvr32 /u TsWriter.ax) before replacing and register the new one (regsvr32 TsWriter.ax) after.

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• TsWriter_3717_3782.zip
      115.4 KB

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mark!

This TSWriter.ax is working great! Very fast zapping HD <-> HD, HD <-> SD, SD <-> SD and zapping beween the two tuners with my DD CineTV DVB/S v.6!

Best regards
    Helios

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

For anyone testing this, could you please reply to the post with a little more information, specifically what type of signal you are receiving (analog, digital), satellite, aerial or cable, and also give details of your country/broadcaster?

This will ensure that we get good information. It seems that the poll I added is a little restrictive (but please use it anyway - more information is always good).

Thanks,

Mark

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did some quick testing and seems to work just fine. Didn't notice any speed improvement while zapping. Tested with DD Cine CT v6 (DVB-C) on Ziggo 9001 (Netherlands) HD/SD channels.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

did some quick tests and everything seems working fine. Zapping seems a bit faster on SD/HD Channels without encryption, but on encrypted channels (sky) it seems to be a bit slower, but i never cared about zapping times so i cant say if theres really an improvement or not.

DVBS2 - FloppyDTV
    Astra 19,2°
    SKY HD

Mantis

Portal Member
    January 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

Did som tests with DVB-C and zapping through different SD/HD channels (not encrypted). Quick zapping time but I'm not sure about how much faster.. its close. Havent had any lockups or green pixels with distorted sound (had a few with the 1.2.2 writer file).

Denmark
    DVD-C (FloppyDTV x 2)
    Stofa

hase23

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2009
    Espenau
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

did some quick tests with server and 2 Clintes made​​. Zapping is faster unencrypted on SD / HD channels and encrypted.

2x DVBS-2 - Digital Devices, Astra 19.2 °, HD +, Sky HD

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    there is one problem. can anyone look at it (as i have no FreeView)?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...r-addition-of-freeview-hd.106789/#post-853746

Thanks for the heads up. This is the problem that this patch fixes, so it is very strange. However, even without the fix the heiroglyphics should not go beyond the HD channels. I am doing more testing now. Without his logs, it is not going to be easy to check if we have a problem.

Mark

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did some testing with DVB-C here in the Netherlands (Ziggo). For now only I only watched HD, no problems detected here and no negative things to point out. Zapping speed seems not to have changed noticeably.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom