TsWriter.ax testing - urgent help needed from all TV users (2 Viewers)

This is working fine with

• Analog

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You need to add another option to your poll, ATSC got left out. :)

I don't know if this is what you were trying to fix or not, but here in the states (Florida), ATSC issues has been nearly eliminated. Using the factory Tswriter from 1.2.2 ALL channels were unwatchable due to stuttering and glitching. I tried this with two different antennas, two different tuner cards, both local and NAS storage for timeshifting, etc and nothing helped. I found this tswriter and applied it to my system and now I would say that 85-90% of the time the picture is excellent. I still notice some occasional (1 every couple minutes) glitches that I do not get in VLC, but at least I can use it now. I don't know if there was already another fix applied to the SVN version or what, but this made a huge difference. I was unable to test EPG grabbing here because my cards do not support it, but I must say many thanks to everyone.

The only issue that I am still having, which I am not sure yet if it is related to Tswriter or possibly Tsreader is a audio/video sync issue. The sound seems to be a little bit ahead of the video. This is tolerable, and I'm gonna test with some various Tsreader files and see if it helps anything. I vote to put this in 1.2.3!!

Thanks

-Steve

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Steve,

Apologies for missing ATSC from the list.

I am glad that this TsWriter is better than the one in 1.2.2. There is no doubt that it will be in 1.2.3, which is almost ready!

Mark

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom