TSWriter deadlock potential fix. (1 Viewer)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Please let me know guys if it is working or not.

The sooner I get some feedback the quicker we can include the fix in the next release.

Thanks.

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Hi DJBlu,

here is the nighly result. It's much better than evre before. MP was runnig stabil for 8 hours. ,-))

Direct after starting no problems with one client. Now I tested the same with 2 clients and MP on the server. There I got problems starting and watching dvb-s. Now I get the error "program/channel not found" ?

So there is something more wrong ...

After restart everything is well?

Here are the new logs.

ramu

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
This confirms one of my worries. It appears the problem is in the PMT grabber.

Thanks for the files.

Did you enable "EPG Grab when idle"?

Last edited:

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Hi DJBue,

here are the test results for You. Unfortunately there are some problems in there.

TVerserver is still hanging or crashing. Last test MP clients worked, I switched from dvb-t to dvb-S and HD was working over 20 min, no error occurs and MP client was not working any more. After killing of MP client also TVserver crashed.

Here are the logs for You.

AND OF COURSE A HAPPY XMAS TO YOU!

Thanks
ramu

stevie77

Portal Member
June 21, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
I took a look at ramu's logs. I remember now those discontinuity problems I also had. Just fixed them in CDiskRecorder::WriteTs with simply commenting out the "return" within that function (near line 997):
Code:
if (!m_tsHeader.AdaptionFieldOnly())
{
  //return;
}

This way the continuity counter doesn't get messed up. Surely ramu seem to have reception problems too but this dirty fix should help alot.

Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
The issue with that is all scrambled packets will get through.

I have modified it so the continuity counter is updated if the stream becomes encrypted for any reason.

Updated file on first page if you could test.

Thanks.

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Hi,
working with one client seam sok, so far. I'hve to test it for longer. BUT now it's nearly impossible to watch TV from two clients. Using the some channel is ok but wating dvb-s AND svb-t causes MP to crash!

Here are the logs fpr You

ramu

@steffi77: Do You have a stablie version of tswriter for You own? May I test this one, too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom