TSWriter deadlock potential fix. (1 Viewer)

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Ok, there is the first feedback:

I changed to version 6 and tested first scanning of dvb-s. This was in the original tswriter.ax 1.3.0 version allways a problem. Scaning stops after several minutes (also after PC restart!) . With one of DJBlu's versions MP scans the first time the whole frequence band. With this version scannng stops and the error nothing found appears again. Here are screenshoots ..

So, I changed back to version 4 and got the same error. I'd to restart the whole server and than scanning was succesful. So V4 is still the best...

Tell me, if I should test V6 in normal use for longer, e.g. if EPG is running...

ramu

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_56.jpg
    ScreenHunter_56.jpg
    31.4 KB
  • ScreenHunter_57.jpg
    ScreenHunter_57.jpg
    29.9 KB

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Hi, after Vasilich question I tried to reproduce this errors. So I cahnged back to V6 and restartet MP scanning for dvb-s.

Now there were no problems at all !? So, I tried a second time and without restart, also no problems ,-))

So I'll test the normal behaivor for the next hours/days.

ramu

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Goog morning!

Here are the nigthly test results. TV Server didn't crash. When opening MP Client I had a lot of error messages on tv program page. After several esc I got the normal epg with all channelinformations. When trieing to play on of them (dvb-s and dvb-t) I see "Abspielen nicht möglich Stream 2.0" or the same with 3.0 for dvb-s.... So, tv server didn't work propertly after about 10 hours :-(

After restart of tv server by net stop/net start everything works well again...

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Well, here are some good news for 2013 ;-)) :D

I've tested several things with V6 and I didn't managed to crash MP !!! It's a good feeling to have a stabile version to work with! Hope that will last for long..

There are some minior thing I saw, for e.g. sandclock (moving ring) didn't fanish, sometimes program info is not show propertly only after several escs and one client shows up no picture ...

What I did:

1. Scaned several time dvb-S, dvb-S2 and dvb-t channels
2. Attached addition dvb-t receiver
3. Watched tv on every possible chance
4. controlled EPG data

So, it's time to thank YOU all for Your support. You are doing a great job! :)

It's time to give V6 to the testing community and I'll test MP with this version for the next days in a long run...

ramu

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I looked into it further and the code should be left alone as the data is encrypted. What is passed in the loop are encrypted packet headers which have no payload data, the packets with payloads should be ignored.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I have been following this thread with interest and decided to try out V6 (all the hard work done now).

What I was looking at is when my four TBS6284 tuners are all loaded with multiple streams (recording, timeshifting and timeshift EPG grab) multiple subchannels which can cause instability BSOD with the TBS driver when the tuner driver is decompossed/free subchannel at end of stream use.

Initial test is very good all four tuners loaded with 8+ streams, completed recordings with no BSOD. So ten concurrant recordings and timeshifting completes without issue.

I will carry on using this.

Anything else I can test for.

Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    that's all we need for now. Just keep using it and if it crashes the upload your log files to this thread.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom