TSWriter deadlock potential fix. (3 Viewers)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there any benefit to trying this out on a system thats currently working without problem? LiveTV will get used extensively for a few days from now if more guinea pigs are needed.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ramu

Can you disable your DVB-T card and test with just the DVB-S card as your signal is really weak on the DVB-T card. Try both clients with just the DVB-S and let me know how you get on.

Thanks.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    So, I switched dvb-t off. But I got problems, too.
    Here are the results:
    1. switch Client 1 on --> no problem
    2. switch Client 2 on, same channel --> no problem
    3. change Client 2 to other channel, same transponder -> first client stops working (standing picture), client 2 works well
    4. stop client 2
    5. client 1 works with some esc and mouse clicks...

Thats a new behavior...

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    It's configuert as usal, which means there is a 0 as limit. I changed back to the normal tswriter.ax which comes with 1.3 beta. There I can watch two dvb-s channels without problems?? Only issue is watching dvb-s and dvb-t together causes some problems thats was no topic in former versions???

So perhaps there are more than one issue in 1.3 beta? Give me a hint how to seperate this errors? First it's important to fix the tswriter issue!?

ramu

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi DJBlu,

here are new logs. TVserver is not as stabile as we all wish :-(((

Have a look, please and tell me what to do next...

ramu

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Update:

I chnage backt to version 4; its the best of all test versions. dvb-s AND dvb-t are running for hours without problmes. Started yesterday evening, it's still working. Version 5 crashes after several minutes each time I tried...

stevie77

Portal Member
    June 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi DJBlu,

just took a look at the last state of your git branch and recognized that you didn't remove the autolock in tswriter.cpp at function

"STDMETHODIMP CMpTs::NonDelegatingQueryInterface(REFIID riid, void ** ppv)"

It's important to remove this autolock as this may lead to dead locks as threads may take possession of the critical section multiple times within the interface calls.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom