TSWriter deadlock potential fix. (3 Viewers)

nimrodel50

Portal Pro
February 6, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi I've been testing the two versions TVLibrary [remove MS extra filters] and TVLibrary [no use dsrot] and none of them are able to show any tv chanel, no singal error.

Here you have the logs of the dsrot one.

thanks.

Attachments

• TVService.zip
    69.1 KB
Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi I've been testing the two versions TVLibrary [remove MS extra filters] and TVLibrary [no use dsrot] and none of them are able to show any tv chanel, no singal error.
    Hmmm, I suspected that might be the case but can you try one thing for me.
    In the tuner settings, please try to change "preferred network provider" from generic to DVBT.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

In relation to your first set of log files... now I'm really starting to get puzzled.
    Here is the scenario.
    When we tell the DirectShow graph to stop, TsWriter is receiving the stop command and appears to be stopping successfully. Evidence is:
    [2013-09-11 21:42:39,101] [Log ] [3 ] [INFO ] - debug: call DVB-T stop graph
    [2013-09-11 21:42:39,101] [Log ] [3 ] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:topGraph called
    [2013-09-11 21:42:39,101] [Log ] [3 ] [INFO ] - tvcard:FreeAllSubChannels
    [2013-09-11 21:42:39,101] [Log ] [3 ] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:topGraph

11-09-2013 21:42:39.101 CMpTsFilter::confused:top()
    11-09-2013 21:42:39.101 Stop streaming...
    11-09-2013 21:42:39.101 Stop filter...
    11-09-2013 21:42:39.101 HRESULT = 0x0

The "HRESULT... line" is the last line in the filter Stop() function before it returns. After that the filter graph manager will be trying to stop other filters. I know the graph is never successfully stopped because I don't see the debug line "debug: IMediaControl stopped! hr = 0x0 :)" in the TV service log.

So what is going on? I think one or more of the filters in the graph is not able to stop for some reason and yet I don't know why. The other debug TV library DLLs that I posted attempted to remove filters that may not be necessary from the graph (MPEG demuxer and BDA TIF) and/or not register the graph to try to eliminate potential causes... but obviously that didn't work (breaks tuning for this Hauppauge tuner).

I have to admit that I am really out of ideas for the moment. I don't know what is happening, why it is happening or how to debug the problem any further. :(
    Tags to some team members that I hope might have some thoughts...
    @morpheus_xx @DJBlu @Owlsroost @arion_p @misterd

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I said that I had run out of ideas... and then I was inspired! :D
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...491c-999c-3bfaa2f218ca/imediacontrol-deadlock
    Make sure you aren't issuing any graph or filter calls in any event callbacks.

How could I have not checked this before! We don't see the problem when the timeshifting EPG grabber is used and we don't see the problem with the idle EPG grabber unless no EPG data is found. When no EPG data is found the TV service is attempting to stop the graph from inside the callback function (ie. while a sample is still being processed). That is never going to be good. I just literally cannot believe I didn't think of this before!!! :rolleyes::barefoot:
    As you can probably tell, I really think I've solved the problem with the attached patch [for MP 1.5 PR] (please continue to use the previously supplied TsWriter) and I can't wait to hear your feedback... :D

Attachments

• TsWriter_mm_deadlock_v6_[mp_1.5pr].zip
      288 KB

nimrodel50

Portal Pro
    February 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @mm1352000 sorry to brake the magic here but please check the logs. It seems locked again.

It seems that something else is causing another problem.

Attachments

• TVService.1.zip
      64.4 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom