TSWriter deadlock potential fix. (1 Viewer)

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi everybody,

Just installed 1.5 from 1.2... something and face the issue in question. Applied patches from this thread, issue is still in place.

Steps taken: disable what should be disabled, clear logs, reboot, start MP & TV Configuration, run stress test on a group (I have 13 channels in that particular one, all 100% working) . Full tv server log attached. Error at [22:04:59,050] [Log ] [7 ] [INFO ] - Controller: Timeshifting failed ..... In TS writer there seems to something strange with threads - expected one does not appear after error takes place.

PS: while testing with plugin enabled i tried to start recording, noticed an error in logs from the wery beginning of the recording, rebooted and then found out that recoding actually took place, ie i had two recorded files: before reboot and the one autostarted after reboot. Does this means that "disappeared thread" continued to record?

What can I do to help tracing to the bottom of the issue?

BR

MaxT

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello MaxT

Error at [22:04:59,050] [Log ] [7 ] [INFO ] - Controller: Timeshifting failed ..... In TS writer there seems to something strange with threads - expected one does not appear after error takes place.
    The reason is that TsWriter thinks the stream is scrambled:
    [2013-10-17 22:04:59,027] [Log ] [7 ] [INFO ] - card: WaitForFile - no audio was found after 15,000858 seconds
    [2013-10-17 22:04:59,027] [Log ] [7 ] [INFO ] - card: WaitForFile - audio and video stream is scrambled

After that, each tune request is seeing:
    [2013-10-17 22:05:15,067] [Log ] [7 ] [DEBUG] - WaitForPMT: Timed out waiting for PMT after 15,0018581 seconds. Increase the PMT timeout value?

So it seems to me that TV Server stopped receiving any stream from the tuner driver. This could be related to the CAM.

If you're able to reproduce again, try to see what happens if you remove and re-insert the CAM.

mm

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Ok, will reproduce - its just a matter of time. Previously never tried to replug just CAM, restarting of tv service never helped and replug of USB card was nesessary.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok, will reproduce - its just a matter of time. Previously never tried to replug just CAM, restarting of tv service never helped and replug of USB card was nesessary.
    What tuner are you using?
    Is it a TerraTec S7, TechnoTrend Connect S2-3650 CI, TechniSat SkyStar USB 2 HD CI... or is it a Twinhan, DigitalRise or Azurewave model?

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    It is technisat USB 2 hd ci with latest driver from azurewave they have on their site.

Ps: I was trying (not that hard though) to reflash it to terratec s7 or Elgato, to use more stable drivers, but only vid/pid change was not enough and never found native eeproms of those. Maybe sometimes will try again to change not only vid/pid, but manufacturer, etc. seems their drivers are checking something else.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It is technisat USB 2 hd ci with latest driver from azurewave they have on their site.
    Okay.

Ps: I was trying (not that hard though) to reflash it to terratec s7 or Elgato, to use more stable drivers, but only vid/pid change was not enough and never found native eeproms of those. Maybe sometimes will try again to change not only vid/pid, but manufacturer, etc. seems their drivers are checking something else.
    Hmmm, in the past I've seen that people have used TechnoTrend, Azurewave, Twinhan, TechniSat and TerraTec drivers interchangeably for certain products.
    Actually I've done the same for a TechniSat SkyStar S2 HD2 + CI, so I'm a bit surprised the driver ini file change doesn't work.

In any case, the reason I asked about the tuner is because I know this behaviour is typical for those tuners. It has nothing to do with TsWriter, and AIUI doesn't matter which drivers or firmware you use. You can read this thread for some background:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/trouble-with-terratec-h7-and-cam.103398/

Since this is nothing to do with a TsWriter deadlock I think it is best to stop the discussion here or move it to a different thread.

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    In any case, the reason I asked about the tuner is because I know this behaviour is typical for those tuners. It has nothing to do with TsWriter, and AIUI doesn't matter which drivers or firmware you use. You can read this thread for some background:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/trouble-with-terratec-h7-and-cam.103398/
    Since this is nothing to do with a TsWriter deadlock I think it is best to stop the discussion here or move it to a different thread.

OK, thank you very much!
    Will do home reading.

BTW, what are most stable/reliable cards? Is it possible to have developers vision/comments on this in wiki?

Hmmm, in the past I've seen that people have used TechnoTrend, Azurewave, Twinhan, TechniSat and TerraTec drivers interchangeably for certain products.
    Actually I've done the same for a TechniSat SkyStar S2 HD2 + CI, so I'm a bit surprised the driver ini file change doesn't work.

I am on x64 which requires signed drivers meaning that inf change is not possible :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom