raphael

Portal Pro
March 24, 2005
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi all

I have troubles with TT-budget S2-3200 and encrypted channels
(I have CI module Aston 1.08)
When I am watching encrypted channel, after few hours I get message "Channel is encrypted" and I can’t watch it and any other channel
When I stop and start tvservice (in tvserver) I can watch all next few hours
I have the same effects with all cvs builds
It happens also when I don’t watch anything but tvservice works without restarting longer then few hours
When I try preview channel in tvserver I have the same effects
I use drivers:
Version 2.19h (28.11.2006) for Win98/ME/2000/XPTM

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Things have been improved in latest svn builds
    I'm still in contact with technotrend to get better support for the TT S2-3200

Frodo

raphael

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    so svn build from today (tvengine3-02-07-2007--12-46h--Rev12886.zip)
    should fix this problem?

duslob

Portal Member
    December 8, 2006
    Podebrady
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I've got also TT-budget S2-3200 with CAM Aston 1.05 and original subscription card. In the TV server preview I get Unable... "Channel scrambled". In My TV, there is only black screen. (The same situation is also in TT-MediaCenter.)

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got the same setup myself. Although the latest svn already works much better there are still some problems with the CI interface of technotrend

We're in contact with technotrend about this, and its progressing.. but slowly

Frodo

Franky

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    ITALY
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Should I be able to watch DVB-S2 H.264 with last SVN and TVengine or is a bit too early? Thank you Frodo. Great work however!

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Should I be able to watch DVB-S2 H.264 with last SVN and TVengine or is a bit too early?

Yes and no.

Yes:
    The tv server fully supports DVB-S2 with the TT3200 S2 card, meaning you can timeshift and record DVB-S2 H2.64 channels

No:
    The problem is the performance of the client pc.
    I dont think that a PC is capable of decoding and viewing 1080p H.264 yet.
    It requires too much CPU% so it will stutter a lot...

Frodo

Franky

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    ITALY
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Frodo, Thank you for your answer
    I Already watch H.264 TV with some other DVB Software with my PC configuration and Cyberlink H.264 decoder with nVidia 7950GT (H.264 deconding is made in HW from GPU) without stuttering problems (But MP and TVengine03 is much better and I'd like to use It also for HDTV).
    When I try to watch an HDTV with MP I get a black screen or a crash. If I tune an Mpeg2HD TV like AstraHD or AstraHd1 (20MB data rate) it works perfectly with Media Portal. Usually, in directX setup options, in other DVB applications, there is the way to set the preferred H.264 decoder, but I can't found it in MP and if I try to decode H.264 data stream, MP uses the SDTV decoder. Unfortunately in the TV options, where you can set the preferred TV decoder, Cyberlink7 H.264 codec doesen't appear: so I can't try it. If I try to watch for example Luxe TV on HotBird, MS Graph Edit shows me that MP is using NVidia decoder to decode the H.264 stream, if I set Cybelink decoder MP uses Cyberlink decoder but the one for mpeg2 stream and not the H.264 decoder.
    So, till now, I haven't yet found a way to see H.264 TV like LuxeTVHD or ProsebianHD etc... with MP but I think is only a question of settings.Have I miss something?

Rebards
    Francesco

Moorhuhn

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

from what I understood from some of Frodos previous postings MP uses only one and the same codec for MPEG2- AND H.264-decoding. This codec is the codec you configure on your client with the MP-configuration-utility in the section "Television" and "Movies".
    There was one posting where Frodo wrote, that he only knows one codec which is able to do MPEG2- and H.264.decoding in one codec and this ist the PowerDVD7-codec. Therefore this is the only codec you can use, when you want to decode H.264- AND MPEG2-coded streams.
    The problem for me is, that I installed this codec and still cant watch HD-Content on my client whereas other users report they are able to watch HD-Content if they watch it without streaming (single-seat-installation). So I think there must be some other problem!?!

frodo: Please correct me if I wrote something wrong. If Iam not, I would like to know if there are any plans to let you configure one codec for MPEG2-decoding and another codec for H.264? Otherwise one would have to buy the Cyberlink-stuff to be able to watch HD.

Moorhuhn

UPDATE:
    I did some research on the PowerDVD-codec-issue. I downloaded and tested with the PowerDVD-Eval-Version, which is based on the Standard-Edition. The problem is that only the deluxe-edition allows playback of H.264-content: http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/compare_1_ENU.html.
    Unfortunately there is no Evalversion for the deluxe-edition and 70 euro just for testing HD-Content ist way too much for me.

Franky

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    ITALY
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have the Cyberlink Power DVD7 and cyberlink Codec in boundle with TT3200 DVB-S2 and I can say that mpeg2 and h.264 are decoded by two distinct cyberlink codecs. So in any way if I set Cyberlink for My SD TV it cannot decode H.264 TV too. So I suppose need a particular setting to choose H.264 codec in MP.
    CoreAVC or other H.264 are only H.264 codes...

Regards
    Francesco

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom